Ideal Response 80!! Intermittent ignition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, my boiler has been tempremental of late. When the CH is switched on from cold it doesn't light sometimes taking several attempts. One way to get it to light would be to turn the hot tap on which would light the boiler then select CH on. After that it is fine until the next 'cold start'. Today though the turning hot water trick didn't work so I had to resort to special language, it eventually lit using the CH switch.
Now then, I was thinking of replacing this boiler in the summer but I'm not sure if it'll get that far but I don't really want a boiler change this time of year.
Any ideas what the defect maybe and if it is worth fixing?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Well this afternoon it switched on fine when HW demanded but wouldn't ignite when CH selected on. I guess I'll see what the gasman says if I can get one round, just I don't want to flog a dead horse.

any money spent of this boiler is wasted.
live with it and bring the change forward as much as you can

If you really must repair it then a set of electrodes ,a spark generator and a damn good service will usually resolve ignition problems. Personally I would scrap it. Its a piece of junk.

Sponsored Links
Did you get this resolved?
My Ideal Response 120 is doing the same thing!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back