Ideal RS330 and cool radiators....any help appreciated

I would remove the pump ,strip it and check for cleanliness. Given what you have told us ,closing off all upstairs rads doesn't result in downstairs heating up ,the rads are flushed ,and all pipes/ valves to them flow water freely, it really only leaves the pump isn't circulating efficiently ,or there is restriction somewhere on the circuit.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Terry.

My Dad's hopefully expected back home from hospital early next week so an element of urgency so I'm contemplating just taking a punt on a new pump to then be able to look at this one - could I possibly ask for any suggestion as to a suitable drop in replacement ?

I'm just trying it set to "II" to see if that improves performance...

As before appreciate the replies, thanks.

Grundfos are as good as any ,like for like replacement.
Is there a magnetic filter on the system ?

Grundfos are as good as any ,like for like replacement.
Is there a magnetic filter on the system ?

Nope, nothing inline.

I'm now wondering if its the TRV's (Pegller Terier II) on two of the downstairs rad's ! I can press the valve down OK and they seem free but when the rads were off no leakage when "Off" and as mentioned I did open them and there was water flow so to some degree that doesn't seem to fit that idea !

Inlet side of both rads is V Hot just it seems nothing is being pushed through as outlets are cool.

Return through pump is hot too but some of that is from upstairs.

..or as you say there is a restriction in the single loop..argh.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You say you have seven radiators which are all in one zone, but are they all in the same loop? Or does the pipe from the boiler have a tee with one side for the upstairs loop, and the other side for the downstairs?

You say you have seven radiators which are all in one zone, but are they all in the same loop? Or does the pipe from the boiler have a tee with one side for the upstairs loop, and the other side for the downstairs?

No, don't think it's the same “loop” as I'm pretty certain I have a tee joint the where the upstairs return joints the downstairs “loop” after the last downstairs radiator and before the pump back to the boiler so I'll take a guess that after the boiler there is a split between the two but I'd need to get back under the floor (which I'll be doing tomorrow anyway).

As ever many thanks for the input.

The diagram of a one-pipe system shows a pipe bypassing each radiator. I presume, from what you wrote, that you have a bypass on each radiator. Is there a valve on each bypass? There should be as it determines how much of the flow passes through the radiator.

Do you have any means of measuring the pipe temperature?

Please post details of the seven rads - length, height, no of panels, no of panels with fins. Also the order (from boiler) and which loop they are on.

At what temperature does the boiler run?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back