Ideal standard dual flush leaking water

Put the new washer in and the things still dripping very slowly :mad:.

It has to be in the most awkward position to tighten as well !!:evil: trying to tighten the top half and keep the bottom part moving as well is impossible

Sponsored Links
Thanks dilalio for the advice in post 2, this helped me determine if it was the flush or the fill valve causing water to run into the bowl.

I had to fix all 3 loos in the house, one was the fill valve, another the flush diaphragm seal and the other the whole flush assembly (previous owner had bodged the unit with silicone....).

Here's the part numbers I used for an Ideal Standard E7514 in case anyone comes across this thread searching like I did for help -

Fill valve - generic part from Scr*wfix - 84007
Flush assembly - genuine spare - SV92667
Flush diaphragm seal - genuine spare - SV01967

I opted for the genuine flush assembly part rather than a generic part as it simply clicks into position within the cistern and means you don't need to take the cistern off to do it.

The entire centre value inside the cistern unscrews and pulls out.

The water is leaking between it and the pipe supplying the cistern. Its a design to minimise leaks. Most plumbers will only finger tighten the centre valve and come back later and give everything a final tighten. We had 2 WC leak like this.

Everyone on here needs to call the respective trade, send them photos so they can bring spares and make 1 trip to you. U need to employ trades as they will save you money in the long run.

Sponsored Links
Only 2-1/2 years late.

Andy
Buildings dont change. They dont get updated until things fail or are refurbished. You always need old building technology, thats why I posted. A colleague answered a question from joe public, using a first edition Mitchells building technology book. The man had been to 2 universities and a builder non could help. So 5 years too late even, is irrelevant.

Buildings dont change. They dont get updated until things fail or are refurbished. You always need old building technology, thats why I posted. A colleague answered a question from joe public, using a first edition Mitchells building technology book. The man had been to 2 universities and a builder non could help. So 5 years too late even, is irrelevant.

Syntax error!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back