Ideal standard dual flush leaking water

Sponsored Links
This makes me feel really dumb. I have the same problem and I'm sure your helpful advice will enable me to fix the problem. BUT HOW DO I REMOVE THE TOP OF THE CISTERN? I have tried gently pulling & twisting the circle around the 2 flushers. Do I just need to be more aggressive or is there a trick to this? Thanks.

you would be better off starting a new post Paul. with a pic of your cistern .there are several different push buttons / mechanisms for locking onto cistern. we don't know what you have .

Try gently prising out the flush buttons - some lift out and there's a plastic slotted bolt beneath which you undo.

Sponsored Links
Well that didn't last to long noticed the toilets started to drip internally again :mad:

Any ideas what's causing the water to keep filling up? I marked the place when the toilet had filled with water after flushing then went back 5 mins later and it's gone above the line.

New float valve again?

vcuwjk.jpg

34958is.jpg

Is the float getting wedged on anything? Sometimes, a spacer is required to keep the inlet valve stem and the float away from the sides of the cistern. It needs to be free to travel fully.
If that is not the cause then you need to clean out the diaphragm for the inlet valve as debris may be getting pulled in... flush pipe out while it’s off.

Is the float getting wedged on anything? Sometimes, a spacer is required to keep the inlet valve stem and the float away from the sides of the cistern. It needs to be free to travel fully.
If that is not the cause then you need to clean out the diaphragm for the inlet valve as debris may be getting pulled in... flush pipe out while it’s off.
No the floats fine it pops up once it reaches the level. I'll have a look to see if there's anything in diaphragm if not I take it a new inlet valve again?

No the floats fine it pops up once it reaches the level. I'll have a look to see if there's anything in diaphragm if not I take it a new inlet valve again?

Looks to me as if the float is catching on that white knob thing sticking out,

Right ive bought a fluidmaster pro45b with brass shank.

All fitted but the bottom is now leaking water :mad: I noticed when i connected the shut off valve part the red washer had completely worn inside It looks like the waters leaking from there.

9funmf.jpg

Can i buy these washers or do they only come with new valves?

pipes 15mm

its got en1254-2 written on it & ->15 02-11

2n6ays4.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back