• rsz_img_20200301_161612.jpg
    rsz_img_20200301_161612.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 352
  • rsz_img_20200301_161542.jpg
    rsz_img_20200301_161542.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Could be the inlet valve isn't shutting off completely, allowing too much water into the cistern which then goes over the internal overflow and into the bowl. If you can, look at the water level and see if this is the case. Fix is a new diaphragm washer in the inlet valve, or new inlet valve.

Could be the inlet valve isn't shutting off completely, allowing too much water into the cistern which then goes over the internal overflow and into the bowl. If you can, look at the water level and see if this is the case. Fix is a new diaphragm washer in the inlet valve, or new inlet valve.
Water doesn't look like its near the overflow level

I'll keep an eye on it

Attachments

• rsz_img_20200301_162531.jpg
    rsz_img_20200301_162531.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 318
Those syphons are a complete pain the ass. I've lost hours of my life staring at toilet bowls waiting to see if the trickle will stop. All I can say, if you've changed the washer & checked the base that the washer seals against, if it's a close coupled cistern, with the siphon removed check if the base section in the bottom of the cistern is tight & not loose or twistable (a new word!) as it could be letting by. Ideal Standard should hang there heads in shame.

Sponsored Links
As per @Dangee coukd be the base part of syphon where it connects. Isolate cistern, flush contents and add a food dye/colouring to water and see if still trickles, if yes, then I’d say there’s your answer, never a good sign of silicone used imo.

Those syphons are a complete pain the ass. I've lost hours of my life staring at toilet bowls waiting to see if the trickle will stop. All I can say, if you've changed the washer & checked the base that the washer seals against, if it's a close coupled cistern, with the siphon removed check if the base section in the bottom of the cistern is tight & not loose or twistable (a new word!) as it could be letting by. Ideal Standard should hang there heads in shame.
Come to think of it I did remove the toilet when we had the en suite tiled and then refitted them so I wonder if that could be the problem

As per @Dangee coukd be the base part of syphon where it connects. Isolate cistern, flush contents and add a food dye/colouring to water and see if still trickles, if yes, then I’d say there’s your answer, never a good sign of silicone used imo.
No I did wonder if that was also the cause of the leak maybe it needs resealing.

Also the bottom of the valve where the washer connects is loose would that allow water in? Was wondering if that was slowly filling and it then running past the washer on the inside

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back