Idea's please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had half in idea to use some space in the kitchen for a plate rack/shelf for ages but haven't yet come up with anything quite right. It's an odd space of about 780mm so i wasn't finding anything to fit handily online. Stylistically all i really would want is a wire plate rack of the kind that are often free standing but wall mounted in that space. Been musing on wether i could do something with, for example, a trimmed bath soap holder/wire thingy. Or a simple shelf slanted slightly backwards for the bottom but what then for the dividers to stop them all falling over? Am open to any combination of wood/metal that i can knock up myself on the cheap. Thoughts?

0c23g0.jpg

Sponsored Links
I don't want to spend too much time on it and am not a fan of the traditional timber plate rack/stand. It just seems to be that you have the sides and wall behind, so with a shelf/support underneath there are probably some pretty minimal and good looking ways you could get the job done. Either a solid shelf underneath.. or two rails the right space apart. If i go with a shelf i could maybe fasion a bunch of coathangers into dividers and insert into drilled holes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back