ideas wanted - loads of spare power cables!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

From having no spare power circuits in my old house and having to route power from here there and everywhere for almost everything, in my new house i seem to have loads of spare power cables running everywhere.

Most of it is due to removal of storage heaters, wall mounted fan heaters and the economy 7 water timer (had central heating installed).

So now I need ideas on how to use all these spare cables! Don't want to remove them as they may always come in usefull. They are currently all isolated at the CU and taped off. I've already used one set to create power and lighting in the loft.

In particular I have a spare power cable under my bathroom floor (extractor fan power feed already sorted), so am after ideas on what I can do with it. Maybe some fancy lights or something?

Thanks
Dan

Sponsored Links
Put single sockets on the end for ease - or change for doubles if you feel you can.

You will then need a spark to energise your off peak consumer unit, as it will now no longer have a feed, and when it did it would be a feed made live during the night time 'opp peak' hours only.

I assume you have changed your tarrif with the lecky board? No point have an econ 7 tarrif or similar if you do not make use of lecky at night.

Hi Lectrician, thanks for your reply.

We have already had the off peak board put onto the main power, the MEB guy did this when he removed the economy 7 meter and timeswitch.

At the moment all the old economy 7 circuits are isolated, I did intend to put some additional plugs on instead of the current fused flex outlets.

Even after this I have loads of spare capacity!

If can't think of a use...its because you don't have a need !

I am uncomfortable with circuits being left "taped up" they should be terminated on a junction box or preferably a fixed accessory.

Sponsored Links
put speakers on the ends and connect the other to an amp / radio, hey presto piped (ok cable) music

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back