Identify this dimmer light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone recognise the make and model of this dinner/ light switch from this photo?

Thanks.

Attachments

• BD24D170-AEC6-4FF0-B664-297383A93FA7.jpeg
    BD24D170-AEC6-4FF0-B664-297383A93FA7.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 80
Sponsored Links
Looks like it may be just a remote keypad, possibly connected to a dimmer pack elsewhere, likely near the fusebox

Sponsored Links
I think so, yes. Although can’t check. It’s in a house I’m buying but they seemed complicated to use and I’m sure they dimmed. Perhaps not hmm

It's looks as if it would be too small to include a dimmer, I suspect it is just a four gang 'push for on, push for off switch', but not of any style I have ever seen before. I have never ever seen a four gang switch in a single width box before - single width boxes are usually limited to 1, 2 or 3 gangs. 4 needs a double width.

It's looks as if it would be too small to include a dimmer, I suspect it is just a four gang 'push for on, push for off switch', but not of any style I have ever seen before. I have never ever seen a four gang switch in a single width box before - single width boxes are usually limited to 1, 2 or 3 gangs. 4 needs a double width.
Judging by the symbols on the switch, it appears to be a two gang dimmer, with 4 levels of brightness on each gang.
...and I'm afraid on this occasion, Google lens has let me down! :(
...it may also make more sense if it was rotated 90 degrees!

Judging by the symbols on the switch, it appears to be a two gang dimmer, with 4 levels of brightness on each gang.

You are seeing something I cannot. All I am seeing is 8x buttons, in two rows, apparently numbered by dots in the casting of the panel, to number each top and bottom pair of buttons 4, 3, 2 and 1 left to right.

It does seem odd/unconventional to number them - almost as if for the blind, but why would a blind person need to operate lights?

Can it be that old if plastic?

Any help? They also do ones with more buttons.
Scroll at the bottom of page.

That makes even less sense to me. Paired switches, one top, one bottom = on at the bottom, off at the top, but side by side ???
2 Gang switch, highest light level at top, lowest/off at bottom. Makes perfect sense to me, but then I am far too familiar with Lutron controls in lecture theatres - double faceplates are available :)

1665339023885.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back