Identifying Flag Hinge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to replace a broken flag hinge. I've been told it's an Avocet model and have been given a replacement (in chrome). However, the replacement is quite different to the original and while most of the holes line up to the original, some do not.

Unfortunately, the original hinge doesn't have a manufacturer's name or model number on it so can anyone identify it from the attached image?

IMG_1787_small.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi Phykell. I would send the photo to some hardware suppliers to see if they have something that might work for you. If not, maybe send the photo to companies that do custom engineering components. They might be able to measure the old hinge and machine a replica.

Thanks - I've tried Avocet who I thought may have been the original manufacturer based on how similar they are but I'm still waiting for a reply from them. Although the one hinge I've shown needs to be replaced because it's broken, I'd like to replace them all with the chrome ones or at least new brass-coloured ones. Unfortunately then, I have two pairs of doors so it's a total of twelve that need to be replaced.

Sponsored Links
Avocet got back to me (and we’re really helpful) and confirmed that the new hinge is a 3D Triad with the product code ET3D. It’s the updated replacement for the older version in the picture. Having reviewed the sizes/layout of the locating pins and screws, I think it’s how the old hinge was originally fitted and probably explains why it snapped in the first place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back