Replacing UPVC door butt hinges with Patriot Plus hinges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

We have a rental property with a 20 odd year old UPVC door with butt hinges on it and one of them looks broken. Pic attached.

Can I update these hinges with the newer style flag hinges? Reason I'm asking is because I want to have some level of adjustment because the door doesn't seem to sit plumb in the frame.

Apologies if this has been asked previously.

Cheers everyone.

Attachments

• IMG-20190320-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20190320-WA0013.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 279
Sponsored Links
Yeah if your a methodical and handy with a drill bit and screwdriver, these are put on and the factory using a jig, to fit them individually freehand takes time but can be done, I've done many in the past for a landlord friend. The critical measurement you need in the new hinges is the inner face of the frame to the inner face of the door sash (the thickness of the door and its gasket), although most hinges come with a small selection of packers to build or stand the hinge off the frame

Hi crank39

Thanks for the reply.

Yea, I'm quite handy with a drill so shouldn't be a problem. Are UPVC door thicknesses pretty standard? I've watched a couple of YouTube vids and nothing was mentioned about the door and seal thickness?

I guess we'll soon find out.

Cheers mate.

Sponsored Links
Hi crank39

These are the hinges I'm hoping to replace. Which is the correct process for removing them? Grub screw first then knock out hinge pin?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20190324_111123.jpg
    IMG_20190324_111123.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 246

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back