UPVC Door - Hinges

Can't make the top one out, just looks black, bottom just shows the allen key hole, remove grub screw and see which way the pin wants to move

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks for all the help / advice

Ill order the hinges

If i get stuck i know where to come hahaha

Dont go far

Hahahaha

Kev

Quick update

Had a go today to see how hard or easy pins would come out

Tried knocking up from bottom they wernt shifting so gave a whack from top and sure enough it stsrted to come out, well impressed
So ordered the hinges today

When you mention about bending door to get at screws which i think may be possible, can you not get a 45 degree screwdriver pretty much similar to how an allen key look, as this would be ideal

Kev

Sponsored Links
If the gap is on the handle side,why don't you adjust the plates that the cams lock into?
Maybe I am missing something but if you change the hinges you will still have to adjust the plate on the handle side to close the gap...

If the gap is on the handle side,why don't you adjust the plates that the cams lock into?
Maybe I am missing something but if you change the hinges you will still have to adjust the plate on the handle side to close the gap...

The frame is perfectly level

The door slopes down

In the past the plates had to be dropped slightly to allow the door to lock correctly

The hinges can't be adjusted to correct the drop (drop is only small but enough to cause the door not to seal correctly

So it sounds like the door needs toe and heeling properly and then you will still have to adjust the plates that the cams lock into if you have a gap all the way down the handle side.

If everything is level,upright and square changing the hinges to close a gap on the handle side won't close the gap you now have.

When you close the door and lift the handle...You have a gap?...correct?......If so changing the hinges will do a big fat 0 to close this gap.

The gap is only from the below handle downwards

When you look at the top hinge you can see how it is further away than the rest, it looks to me as if part of the rubber/plastic on the hinge has worn away thus allowing the door to slightly tilt

hi everyone

I am looking for some advice I have a upvc door on our porch what opens out into garden and the top and middle hinge is worked loose from the frame and I can't see to get the grub screw out because the head have rounded off any idea's please

thanks james

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back