Idiot in need of paint advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think I have screwed up badly.....

Bedroom ceiling beautifully lined with lining paper.

I watered down some old Crown vinyl mat that I had lurking around by about 10% as a first coat.

I then remembered reading on here ages ago that Dulux supermatt was a great paint (that was the only bit that stuck in my mind when I saw it in the shop - not the fact that it is supposed to be for newly plastered walls).

Two coats of supermatt later (on top of the watered down vinyl) and I have a very patchy ceiling.

Can anyone kindly suggest my best course of action?

Sponsored Links
Nothing wrong with the paint...you done fine...its probably more down to your application, warm day?...small roller, windows open?

Appreciate the speedy response....That's a relief -for one horrible moment I thought you were going to tell me I was doomed and it all needed to come off as it would peel and bubble in the future. I am not a decorator but have painted a couple of my own houses over the years and have never seen such a poor finish.

It was very warm.

The windows were wide open.

The roller was what I consider standard size - don't have it to hand but I guess 7-9 inches.

Is all that bad ?

I have run out of the supermatt so need to purchase new paint to try and sort out. Can I apply anything over the top of it or should I get more of ths same ? What size roller would you suggest? and if it is as warm again tomorrow I will need the windows open for my own comfort.

Really appreciate any suggestions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back