Ie mains powered smoke alarm- constant beeping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We have an ei 150 which has started beeping this am (been going for about 3.5hrs so far and driving me crazy!!) there has been no power cut, they are connected to the mains and have a green light and tere is no battery to replace according to the back of the alarm. We have tried holding the test/hush button for 10 seconds and it does nothing (except setting the actual alarm off!)

We have come to the conclusion they need to be replaced (we think they are about 11-12 years old) however, the problem is the beeping won't stop!!! We have turned the main power supply to them off, taken the units from the ceiling and switched them off at the dedicated plug, yet they still beep!! (It's like phoebe from friends' experience!!) how can I get them to be silent while we await the replacement ones. I am a nurse on night shifts so this beeping for a few days is NOT an option!!

Thanks for your help in advance!!

Amanda

Sponsored Links
Try pressing in test button for 10 seconds.
If the green light is on, normally means the units cells are in good condition, if it still continues to bleep, try removing (isolate first) and give the unit and lens a bit of a clean.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back