IE8 Beta..for XP

First off, I went into Control Panel>Add/Remove Programmes>Windows Components and uncheck the IE box (I dumped MSN search as well).

If your Messenger is set to start up when you start your computer up, you'll have the little Messenger icon in the toolbar on the bottom right hand side of your screen? Yes? Just right click on it and then on Email Inbox or MSN Homepage and it'll take you to that page on IE.

Well, it does on mine........................................... :eek:

Hope it does on yours too!

Sponsored Links
Is that a "no I don't have the Messenger icon" or a "no, right clicking on the Messenger icon doesn't work"?

You could of course just leave IE on your computer but use Firefox as your default (and it's easy to change back at any time). I'm just a pernickity git that doesn't like to have things hanging about when I don't need them....(and that could cover a whole host of things!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: )

and that could cover a whole host of things!! :eek:

Nah..its a 'I have a messenger icon' but 'nope'...'when I go into the MSN home page and do a search from there it still searches in Firefox'..

But..theres more..the couple of sites that wouldnt load in Firefox now do, so it seems like problem solved..da-da da-daaaaaaaaa!!!

One thing though..when I want to log into here or other site that require a password :rolleyes: it doesnt do it automatically anymore..I still have to confirm I want to sign on even though may password and username is saved and there waiting for me to click.

Any thoughts?..and while your at it...'pernickity' :confused: whats that? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Pernickity just means fussy!! :LOL: :LOL:

Your cookies (logins and passwords) will be saved for IE, but Firefox will need them as well. I think you can import your cookies - if you open Firefox browser and go File>Import, click Next and it will ask what you want to import - cookies should be there along with Internet Options, History, Favourites, etc. It should import them all from IE.

Failing that, all I did originally was to input my logins and passwords and click on to save them.

Hopefully one or the other will work.

And the MSN thing - yeah, just noticed that if you do MSN search, it does indeed search in Firefox - I've got a hotmail account, so I get an option to open e-mail inbox - that opens in IE.

Your cookies (logins and passwords) will be saved for IE, but Firefox will need them as well. I think you can import your cookies - if you open Firefox browser and go File>Import, click Next and it will ask what you want to import - cookies should be there along with Internet Options, History, Favourites, etc. It should import them all from IE.

Yep...sussed that bit..working well.

Failing that, all I did originally was to input my logins and passwords and click on to save them.

Yep..done the 'remember' bit when that bar pops down and asks what you want to do..dont on IE I used to click 'remember me' on the site and it logged me on automatically each time..now I have to trouble me fum and click 'logon' even thought my username and password is there..

Hopefully one or the other will work.

And the MSN thing - yeah, just noticed that if you do MSN search, it does indeed search in Firefox - I've got a hotmail account, so I get an option to open e-mail inbox - that opens in IE.

Yep..that definatly opens in IE...I think all msn products do..after all its their own software I spose.

Sorry I couldnt use the quote boxes...for some reason on here now the quote, italic, bold, colours etc are not working :confused:

Just me being Pernickity I spose lol ;)

Got to admit though..not one error box..and the whole thing really flies..well impressed

Nice one Zampa I'm gald you took the plunge and went to Firefox, it's more secure than IE as well as it doesn't use active X.

You now need to get into Add On's and find all those cool little programs that can add even more to using Firefox.

:cool:

Sponsored Links
Back