If it's not there you can't respond...

S

SammyInnit

...what's the criteria for locking or deleting threads? Let them give anyone an inch or more right of centre a battering, lock or delete when they reply?

:?:o_O

MOD: Which thread are you referring to? But as a general answer yes, there would be a good reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Curious to hear if anyone uses any other DIYish forums or would be interested in another DIYish forum springing up? Kind of tired of discussion being stifled because of bias.

I don't agree with everything I read but I wouldn't remove someone else's right to say it.

Curious to hear if anyone uses any other DIYish forums or would be interested in another DIYish forum springing up? Kind of tired of discussion being stifled because of bias.

I don't agree with everything I read but I wouldn't remove someone else's right to say it.

Most diy forums or hobby forums dont allow discussion involving politics or religion. Ive no idea why.

Ultimate handyman is ok, but not as active. Diynot is probably the largest.

A mods job isnt easy, without intervention, imagine how bad things would get. On here they remove personal insults, which can seem biased, I dont see a major bias overall, on individual threads, yes.

There are some bad rascist comments that get posted, its right they should be removed.

Sponsored Links
A mods job isnt easy, without intervention, imagine how bad things would get. On here they remove personal insults, which can seem biased, I dont see a major bias overall, on individual threads, yes.

There are some bad rascist comments that get posted, its right they should be removed.

Not even that, I just get the impression that threads are locked/deleted as soon as anything is said that doesn't swing the right way, so to speak.

Most diy forums or hobby forums dont allow discussion involving politics or religion. Ive no idea why.

Because such topics only end in tears / insults / thread locks (has anyone ever changed their opinion anyway?).
And, they detract from productive fettling (y)

Back