Polite request

I don't like pies.

Still, I take it back. Even soppy southerners have a sense of humour. :D

Sponsored Links
Let he who is without sin...

Ain't there enough stone throwin' already??

On the pie front, I do eat pies (veggie only), don't drink beer (unless 0%), was born in Aberystwyth, lived in London for a while and now reside in the North West?

In terms of hardness and position on the compass, what does that make me?

(Give me time to dive behind the sofa.....;))

I was born in Aberystwyth, lived in London for a while and now reside in the North West?

So you've been constantly improving yourself, then. Well done, SS.

The only logical ultimate step would be to now emigrate to God's County. :D

Sometimes the hypochrisy on here is so breath-takingly blatant it's almost incomprehensible.
Recently, several threads are being locked with alarming regularity. I am not trying to apportion blame or attempting to criticise posters or the mods, but I am becoming concerned that joining in a discussion (and attempting to remain polite)……..
I'd like to appeal:

1. to posters - not to rise to temptation and resort to personal attacks; and

Oh dear.
I see nothing wrong with a civilised discussion regarding muslims, as long as there are no personal attacks to other posters.

Let he who is without sin...

The problems arise when such discussions/arguments deteriorate into name-calling. It could be, of course, that this starts with friendly banter, but on a discussion forum such as this it is not always clear where one ends and the other begins, even when using 'smileys'.
And yet JBR posts such comments as these:

(I shall not bother to reply to DC's last comment above, other than to say it is clear to me that he's only here in an attempt to start arguments.)
That comment was: “Incidentally, if a thread is locked and someone re-opens another with exactly the same title, you can hardly be surprised if the second thread disappears as well.”
I have at last realised that DC's sole raison d'etre is to wind people up and encourage argument. I shall certainly not fall into his trap again.
This is despite that JBR has previously said that he doesn’t read my comments.
I believe that DC's opinion is that islam is a subject that should not be discussed on this forum.
This is despite that JBR has previously said that he doesn’t read my comments.

and he fully supports such comments as:
Who are you accusing of being obsessive? RNR for posting page after page of meaningless lefty claptrap, that's so dull and pointless in his twisted logic that seeks to excuse ever aspect of ROP behaviour? In fact, so dull and pointless that I have him on ignore so I don't have to trawl through it. You yourself, so obsessed that you are willing to come back day and night to abuse those trying to discuss the situation? We might light the candle, but you insist on continually flying into the flame - only to get repeatedly burnt.
thwanked by JBR

But what else should one expect of those that display explicit blatant prejudice?

Sponsored Links
Back