Lesson for the Moderators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Regarding the following post from last night which is now (thankfully) locked.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=714859#714859

This was a great example of where better moderation was needed to keep an important advice session on track.

DIYCooper has a potentially dangerous situation with a gas fire he has fitted and was being offered quite sensible guidance until CowboyPlumber posted ...

you are an idiot.
And a scouser to boot. I really should not care if you live or die.
The entire thread was trashed, it rapidly degenerated from that point forward and the important advice was lost.

2 things came out of this for me ...

1. CowboyPlumber ... Don't be such a tit in future even if the OP is in need of care in the community ... Think of his poor neighbours. We're here to give advice not to abuse the posters.

2. Mods, please wake up and take care of threads such as this rather than locking heated debates on the General Discussion forum where the topic being discussed is often nonsense and without consequence to anyone.

MW

Sponsored Links
Looks like a normal day in the plumbing and ch section ;) :D

I can't help thinking that DIYCoopers entire family could be CO poisoned by now ... Scary stuff.

I moderate on another forum (or is it this one :LOL: ) but my point is no one mod can know everything about in this case boilers.

Also when you become a mod (parka and scooter not included) you only have time to "browse" posts, you soon learn what to look for (well i do) but sometimes topics can literaly go over your head (because you dont know anything about the subject being debated)

so in short press the alert mods button which this forum has (the one i really mod on is much quieter, so i can read more of the posts content)

Sponsored Links
I can't help thinking that DIYCoopers entire family could be CO poisoned by now ... Scary stuff.

Carbon Monoxide killed 54 people in Britain last year.

Passive smoking killed 11,000.

It's all about perspective.

How many people were killed by immigrants??

Joe-90 Wrote:
I agree Joe and, from my perspective, that's 11,054 deaths which should have been avoided.

Breezer Wrote:
Also when you become a mod (parka and scooter not included) you only have time to "browse" posts, you soon learn what to look for (well i do) but sometimes topics can literaly go over your head (because you dont know anything about the subject being debated)
Sorry but that's a cop out Breezer. The mods on the plumbing forum didn't need to know anything about plumbing to see the obvious abuse of the OP from CowboyPlumber and should have moderated the debate.
Mods are all too quick to step in when regulars are having heated discussions in this forum when there are little consequences to anyone.

MW

you must bear in mind its only my 2p worth.

i cant speak for the mods on here , but i must admit, the plumbing forum always "scares me" so i only "peep round the corner"

I've just read the entire thread and come to the following conclusion:

If I had a genuine question about anything to do with gas, I would find another forum!!!

DIYCooper asked an honest question. :?: Mostly, he got answers that he didn't want to hear. :( That was predictable and, perhaps, necessary but the abuse was not. :evil:

Forum rules 7 and 10b were violated on a grand scale. There was a very good case here for deleting all the worthless posts but locking the thread helps nobody! :( :( :(

Respect your posts joe, but are we not passive smoking stood at the traffic lights, waiting for "green" to cross?

Who provide the info and proof for 11,000 killed

sorry for the hijack.

Spacecat, that is a good post.

How many people were killed by immigrants??

Quite a few, I believe. The influx of migrants is leading to an overflowing prison system. That's where the tax they pay will go. No benefit to you or me.

Sponsored Links
Back