If rads are rusting inside, can anything be done?

The filling loop is not compliant with the water regs and not suitable for tenants to operate. They should be removing the hose after filling!

You already have a gauze filter which should be cleaned every week or two.

Unfortunately its been fitted the wrong way up so will not clean properly as dirt will fall back into the pipe when the gauze is removed.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The filling loop is not compliant with the water regs and not suitable for tenants to operate. They should be removing the hose after filling!

You already have a gauze filter which should be cleaned every week or two.

Unfortunately its been fitted the wrong way up so will not clean properly as dirt will fall back into the pipe when the gauze is removed.

Tony

Tony - is the gauze filter you refer to the TF1? How is it not fitted correctly?

No, its fitted on the return between the boiler and the TF1

I thought that was just a valve? It doesn't look big enough to be a filter, ie a Spirotrap.

Sponsored Links

Sorry, you mean the thing above the red valve tap? That's been there from the start, didn't think it was a filter and never be touched I believe.

If I replaced it with a Spirotrap, would that work?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Leave it where it is at least it's protecting the boiler.

The TF1 should remove most of the rubbish anyway.

Leave it where it is at least it's protecting the boiler.

The TF1 should remove most of the rubbish anyway.

Is it definitely a filter? If it's upside down it can't be doing much. It looks too small and thought it was a just a filling point for inhibitor etc.

The TF1 is attracting debris, but loads are still getting through.

Providing the gauze is in place in the filter then it will stop the dirt.

Being upside down will only mean that it cannot be cleaned properly because the dirt will fall back down the pipe.

Tony

Nothing is stopping the dirt, loads still getting through.

Getting back to my original point, if somehow I can prevent crap reaching the hex, will the rads continue to erode once refilled and inhibitor added?

You will need to flush it out properly then add inhibitor, provided there's no leaks it should be fine.

Start adding fresh water regularly then no.

Another spoke in the wheel could be a problem not connected to the heating, residual currents, faulty earth, fitting etc.

You will need to flush it out properly then add inhibitor, provided there's no leaks it should be fine.

It's been powerflushed twice - and all rads off and flushed as well less than a month ago + inhibitor - but the hex is blocked again.

Another spoke in the wheel could be a problem not connected to the heating, residual currents, faulty earth, fitting etc.

What happened to those flats in Bath with the pin holing rads?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back