If the full works are not completed in a planning approval

6 Jun 2012
Reaction score
United Kingdom
We got planning permission and have partially completed the approved plans but if we don't now want to complete all the items in the approval , is it possible just to request for a completion certificate on the property for the works done - or do we have to get an amendment made to withdraw that part of the plan first? The remaining item was to cosmetically change the groundfloor frontage of the property, but all we really want to do now is replace the windows . Or is it better just to leave the unfinished planning permission on the records and just change the windows , so a future owner can complete it if they want to? Thanks for any advice hopefully....
Sponsored Links
You don't get completion certificates for planning permission.

If you are thinking of building regulations, then you tell them when you have finished, and they will inspect and sign off the completed work only. Any other work will then require a new application.
You won't actually get a Planner check if you have completed your extension to the Planning Approval. The only time they will check is if a neighbour complains about a breach of the Planning Approval.

My advice would be to call into the Planning department for a chat and take advice from a local planner, as it's always easier to sort out "changes" whitest the works are on going than after they are complete.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links