IF this is real why isnt it available to the whole world

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF__Qlhtnws

check this out and let me know your thoughts or if you know how to make it let me know and i will make one :LOL:

or is it misinformation to make the oil producing countrys toe the line ?

makes for very interesting ideas ie power stations based at the coast line with unlimited source of fuel

whats the catch

Sponsored Links
Mostly true (not all) but seems to be deliberately misleading.

If you apply energy (in the form of electricity) to water you can break it down into the hydrogen and the oxygen of which is it composed.

If you then burn the resultant hydrogen in the oxygen, it gives up some energy in the form of heat.

Of course, inefficiencies and losses mean that the amount of energy required to extract the hydrogen from the water is less than the amount of energy obtained by burning it.

Two things that are misleading and untrue

- it could reduce our dependence on fossil fuels - complete rubbish since you require more energy to produce the hydrogen than you obtain from burning it

- the bloke has recently patented it - stupid. Electrolysis of water into hydrogen has been known for hundreds of years, and this method is used to run small blowtorches used by jewellery makers (this is an established commercial technique) as the equipment is small simple and cheap for low quantities of gas, and as there there is little gas stored the risk of fire or explosion is slight.

if it is true oil companies would buy it to stop it getting on the market

Sponsored Links
This idea is as old as the hills, and as John has said, the coversion takes more energy than it realises. This is the whole problem with the oil crisis - nature put the energy into oil - not man. There in NOTHING to replace it.

joe

empip said:
Roll up ! Roll up ... get your free energy :cool:
The Joe :D cell !!
:D :D

i am thinking this one is the cia and using the old LETS DISREDIT THE IDEA CARD

charging the cooling water and that would driver the car :LOL:

hha must be the cia

there are two incorrect/misleading things in the electric car scam:

"it produces no pollution" - however, they forget that the electricity was generated in a power station, perhaps coal, perhaps gas, perhaps nuclear. the pollution is produced miles away so you don't see it. the error is in thinking that because you can't see it it doesn't exist.

In fact, transmission and conversion losses are so great with electricity that its use is less efficient than burning the fuel yourself.

"it is cheaper than gas (petrol)" In fact petrol is quite cheap, it's the tax and duty that makes it expensive. On its own, it's cheaper than milk, or bottled water. If we start to get our energy from a different source, that source is likely to be taxed once usage has built up.

heres hoping that some sort of water power is put on the net so we can put 2 fingers up at any attemp to tax the technology

i read somewhere years ago that petrol was taxed as a green tax

i would like to see them justify a green tax on water power

what happens to the oxygen does it burn up in the process? would powering machines all over the planet bring on the rapid depletion of oxygen in the atmosphere? would we slowly suffocate ourselves?
nature has a fine balance replenishing supply and demand if we tip the balance are we signing our death warrants?

we are burning oxygen now with fossil fuel motors

if we where running low on the breathing stuff could we make it in big enough quantities to save the world as we know it

kendor said:
what happens to the oxygen does it burn up in the process? would powering machines all over the planet bring on the rapid depletion of oxygen in the atmosphere? would we slowly suffocate ourselves?
nature has a fine balance replenishing supply and demand if we tip the balance are we signing our death warrants?

Tht's what the rain forests are for. Plants take in carbon dioxide and emit oxygen. Did you not go to school?

joe

Sponsored Links
Back