"If you want to play on our course, you have to follow our rules"

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I'm not a member of the golf club.

Now they say this to me.

'Snot fair!

Sponsored Links
Come on John - where's your self belief?

It must surely be the easiest thing ever in the whole history of humanity for you to negotiate access to the course, and the clubhouse, and use of all the associated amenities and facilities without being a member and having to obey their pesky rules and pay the membership fee?

I'll put an apple on my head and ask them to shoot it off.

must surely be the easiest thing ever in the whole history of humanity for you to negotiate access to the course, and the clubhouse, and use of all the associated amenities and facilities without being a member and having to obey their pesky rules and pay the membership fee

Utter load of carp.

Sponsored Links
I tried that. The other big course expects me to agree to their rules as well, and say that I have to agree to buy mouldy birdseed from their groundsman as well. Furthermore they say I can only play if instead of cooking in my own kitchen, I force my family to phone their takeaway prior to every meal, and I guarantee to buy whichever works out cheaper (As calculated under their rules). The chairman of the club keeps falling out with people and says that If I speak to anyone he doesn't like, he can withdraw my permission to play. He did that with two of his neighbours recently.

Save your membership fee, get some land, build your own course.

Makes sense when you're not paying the membership fee.

However...

Makes sense when you're not paying the membership fee.

However...

The same thing happened when I wanted to put a stall in Darlington market without paying, and without conforming to trading standards.

People keep telling me I have to pay, and I have to follow rules.

I never knew that.

Did you?

But why wasn't it the easiest thing ever in the whole history of humanity for you to get them to let you have a stall without paying and without conforming to trading standards on the basis that that was what you had simply decided you wanted?

You should have taken no notice of the people who kept telling you you had to pay, and to follow rules - you are a great market trader, and if you had ignored them then they would have falle into line.

where does it say the UK wont conform to rules?

Its more spurious carp from remainers

where does it say the UK wont conform to rules?

You tell me. Where did you see it? Was it something dum plum advocated?

If we don't conform to the rules of the people we want to trade with, they will make it difficult for us to trade.

Sponsored Links
Back