Ignition on Verine Lexden coal effect gas stove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a coal effect gas fire in the lounge. The ignition has been going down hill for the last six months, and has now completely packed up. The knob operates okay, feels correct, make a hefty 'click' but there's no spark. Sometimes, if you put around 40 clicks in, you can get a spark, but by that time you've warmed yourself up nicely anyway!

Where do I start looking for spares? Google doesn't seem to give me much of a lead when searching for Verine Lexden.

The knob seems to be attached to a brass valve, has three wires coming off it, two of which go to a box labelled 'Pernumia PADOVA 6039 ITALY 02'

Cheers

Gary

Sponsored Links
Verine took over a company called Taylor & Portway (also gas fire makers) so might be worthwhile checking that link out, Verine were based in Halstead in Essex last I heared of them ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back