Ikea base unit design

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning on using Ikea base units for my kitchen and trying to work out the plumbing runs under the units.
Years ago I fitted an Ikea kitchen with a batten on the wall to rest the bottom of the units on. Does anyone know if this is still the norm?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
as said they come with 4 or 5 legs depending on the unit, another thing to remember is they are full depth cabinets = no void at rear so plumbing must be underneath or set into wall.

Thanks chaps, I phoned Ikea too and they told me there's two possible positions for the back legs, depending on services underneath etc.
I'm going to have to make a special trip to buy a base unit as I'm not going to take a chance on doing all the plumbing then finding it's wrong.

Sponsored Links
You can put the legs anywhere you wish , if not at an edge you can fit a timber baton across to spread the weight, though as the units are all screwed together you can get away with 6 legs shared between two units.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back