i'm a stupid cow "get me out of here"

Sponsored Links
mildmanneredjanitor said:
Selling your soul to satan/the media. Any difference??? :confused:
only difference i see is that with Satan You are the one suffering a lifetime of damnation not the TV audience!

See what i mean about Cr*p TV, they are currently advertising the programme "Hard Spell" Woopie-doo! can't wait!

Selling your soul to satan/the media. Any difference??? :confused:

Well, satanism (very much misunderstood as a belief) bases itself on hedonism, where the "Seven deadly sins" are called the "Seven pleasures". The idea is that they aren't bad, but rather good because doing them gives you pleasure, but you are only meant to do them if they aren't pleasurable (so gluttony might be fun for a 2-lb steak, but then forcing yourself to eat a whole tub of ice-cream afterwards wouldn't be encouraged).

However seeling your soul to the media seems to result in perfectly happy adults regressing to the state of an 8-year old suffering from Attention Deficit Disorder.

So, if you sell your soul to the media in the "Big Bravva, I'm a celebrity so let me clean horse willy's" style you are pretty much guaranteed to be unhappy, mocked, jeered at and pathetic. But if you sell your soul to satan then you are only going to suffer if it turns out that one particular belief system is correct, and even then you have the option to repent.

One option certainly looks sweeter than the other there. ;)

Sponsored Links
I had a grisly battle to the death with an enormous cockroach in a Malaysian Hotel once ... never earned me anything !
;)

PLAN B:

Don't watch it.

Don't talk about it.

Don't think about it.

Before long it's existence won't bother you any more....

ban-all-sheds said:
PLAN B:

Don't watch it.

Don't talk about it.

Don't think about it.

Before long it's existence won't bother you any more....

I dunno, remember when BBC1 had that "Eastenders: everybody's tawlking abaaaht it" ad campaign? I had never watched Eastenders, it bothered me that I was obviously in the minority. I started to worry. Before long I turned to drugs, my family all left me, I was fired from my job, and my friends decided they didn't want to know an outcast who didn't even watch Eastenders. "One of us, one of us" they chanted daily, outside my window.

I then sank into an ever-descending spiral of self-abuse and pig slapping (that's where you go to a farm, and start slapping a pig on the belly whilst shouting "Bubba gonna make you squeeeel lil piggy!"). But one day I was hiding in the loft, reading the Radio Times, and noticed that only 14 million people actually watched Eastenders. So it became apparent that one of two things had happened... Either the BBC had been lying to me all along, or that the TV viewing statistics companies had ballsed up.

I knew it couldn't be the BBC, why would they lie to me?! So I rang Gallup and asked, but they assured me their figures were correct. I went into the street, I asked a passer-by "Do you watch Eastenders?!". "NO!" they replied. It was true, the BBC had been lying like a right bunch of ba*tards.

I was no longer an outcast, afraid to leave the house in case I was subverted by the Eastenders-watching masses... No. As it turned out, I had been in the majority all along. A proud group of 46 million people here in the UK who didn't watch Eastenders. But my trust in the BBC was never fully restored, especially when I was pulled up in front of the magistrate for pinching that Freeview box from Dixons... Free? My a**e.

BAN,

I think it's light hearted mindless entertainment, I enjoy it.

But my daughter watches it too (she's 11) and is the proud owner of a burberry cap :eek:

Do you think I should be concerned :?:

Are we turning into ***** chavs?

:D

Are we turning into ***** chavs?

:D

According to Freud's theory of child development, you have

1) Oral phase
2) Anal phase
3) Phallic Phase
4) Latency phase
5) Genital phase
6) ***** Chav phase.

Even if the Burberry does spread to other parts of her clothing, remember that chav is often just a phase.

What what what? None of that was censored? This automatic censor is getting cleverer-ererer.

like big brother its exiting realy realy exciting for at least eeerrr well at least half an hour till you realise its going to be boaring cos there is going to be conflict eehh realy boaring i dont mind differences off oppinion strong oppinions but what sort of person gets great enjoyment from conflict and aggrivation[ggood luck to you :rolleyes: :D :D ;) ]
but not my cup of tea :D

BAN,

I think it's light hearted mindless entertainment, I enjoy it.
Fine - no problem with that - if it's on and it's convenient, I'll watch a bit for a laugh or a letch. What gets me are all the people that don't like it and bang on and on, rather than just not watching it and getting on with their lives...

But my daughter watches it too (she's 11) and is the proud owner of a burberry cap :eek:

Possibly.

If it's a fake, you should be concerned about her attitude to the importance of genuine products.

If it's real you should be concerned about where she's getting the money...

Mmmmm,

good and bad news....

It looks like it may be a phase she's going through whilst funding her burberry habit through drug dealing and prostitution :D

On, balance, not too bad then... :D

Sponsored Links
Back