I'm embarrassed but I am begging your support for a got cause!!

your probably right, i will have to look up the exact meaning of oxymoron (y)
No need big-all. It is simply a figure of speech where apparently contradictory terms appear together. For example, if a forum member has achieved a post count of 2500+ in around 137 days then states that his visits to the forum “amount to have an hour a day or less”, that is an oxymoron.

Sponsored Links
it was sort off what i thought it ment as in contradiction with irony thrown in but as i say i am still learning :D(y)

No need big-all. It is simply a figure of speech where apparently contradictory terms appear together. For example, if a forum member has achieved a post count of 2500+ in around 137 days then states that his visits to the forum “amount to have an hour a day or less”, that is an oxymoron.
Show us your assumptions and your maths.

If it takes me an average of 30 seconds per post.
For 2,500 posts, that's 1,250 minutes, spread across 137 days, that's about 9 minutes per day.

It might take you longer than 30 minutes to construct a post based on your faulty logic and incorrect assumptions, but that's well below an average intellect.

So, come on show us your assumptions and your maths, if you can.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

If. But it will be much longer, as it is not just the typing time, but reading the posts before deciding if and how to answer. Nobody can do that in 30 seconds.

If. But it will be much longer, as it is not just the typing time, but reading the posts before deciding if and how to answer. Nobody can do that in 30 seconds.
Of course they can, I just did it in about 15 seconds. :rolleyes:
And that included logging on. :rolleyes:

Yes, that was an easy one. But what about all the times you start a thread, or make a first reply to somebody else's thread?

Yes, that was an easy one. But what about all the times you start a thread, or make a first reply to somebody else's thread?
:rolleyes: We're talking averages not specifics. :rolleyes:
That took about 5 seconds.

Yes, but unless you are making a lot of easy posts like this, then the average is going to be much higher than 9 seconds.

And if you reply to this, you will only be bringing that average down!

Yes, but unless you are making a lot of easy posts like this, then the average is going to be much higher than 9 seconds.

And if you reply to this, you will only be bringing that average down!
That's why I played with the average of 30 seconds. :rolleyes:
I reckon I could go to about an average of about 1 minute 30 seconds per post and still stay within the 30 minutes per day.

Show us your assumptions and your maths.

I don’t have to. Common sense tells me that you made a silly statement in a post that if you were honest with yourself, you could have avoided.

For 2,500 posts, that's 1,250 minutes, spread across 137 days, that's about 9 minutes per day.

As someone once said, “There are lies, damned lies and statistics”. Honesty is much better than being liberal with the truth. And that is my last contribution to this thread.

The begging has now turned into full-blown cowardice. The CoE is testing this clown at every level and he has yet to sack him. What is the clown fearful of, another ex BFF, LOL's

I don’t have to. Common sense tells me that you made a silly statement in a post that if you were honest with yourself, you could have avoided.
You do have to if you want to retain some credulity.

As someone once said, “There are lies, damned lies and statistics”. Honesty is much better than being liberal with the truth. And that is my last contribution to this thread.
And you have demonstrated that you are unable to produce any statistics to support your assumption.

As someone once said, “There are lies, damned lies and statistics”.

by somebody who had no understanding of the subject.

Lord Randolph Churchill reputedly made a similarly inane remark about decimal points.

Some people bear their ignorance with pride.

Sponsored Links
Back