I'm head scratching abit but I'm sure I'm right

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been reviewing R1+R2 for 2 lighting circuits, both gave me readings of 1.3 ohms.

Is this within an acceptable range, I have been used to getting less than 1ohm but these circuits are fairly large.

If it is not okay it doesn't matter as I'm going back tomorrow, I'm wondering if I have forgotten to null the meter.

It was get late when I did these readings

cheers chaps

Sponsored Links
Sounds fine, circuit around 43M in lengh assuming 1.5/1.0 t&e.
For example, if you're using 6A type B BS60898 MCB then you'll need to ensure maximum earth fault loop impedance will be lower than 6.4ohms. You're well within, assuming your Ze reading is as it should be!

Hi Garymo, sorry its me I was looking at the bloody ring final Max. Permitted Zs whilst thinking about the lighting :rolleyes:

I obtained Ze by inquiry prior to starting the job, of course the DNO say it is 0.8 for TNs and 0.35 for TNCs, lazzy b@stards.

However to put my mind at rest I am going to measure it again myself as well as redo my RCD trip times, forgot to write them down, ejit :rolleyes:

Cheers anyway, to say I have a degree in maffs and 12 years paper work from teaching I don't half do some stupid things, it must be nerves, peoples lives and all that. Sparking is a seriously responsible job

Sponsored Links
Cheers anyway, to say I have a degree in maffs

Want to try and explain Fourier analysis to me in a way that I can understand :LOL:

(Though I think I'd have no chance, considering I only have a grasp of very basic calculus :oops: )

Refer to Bostock & Chandler, they do lovely Fourier Series calculations.

Never seen it applied to sine waves!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back