I'm old

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right, it's official, I'm old...

Yup, turned 25 yesterday. ;) I know that's still young really, I've just found that claiming 25 is old really winds up anyone in their 30s! :LOL:

Hey Simon, beat ya. :D

I've been thinking of the pros and cons of being 25, and have come up with:

cons:
1) dating an 18-year old would officially make me a cradle snatcher now
2) if I returned to university, I would now be a mature student
3) I really should be engaged to someone by now :eek:
4) I understand my parents

Pros:
1) I can use the words "V6", "turbo" and "stonking big engine" in a conversation with a motor insurer without them breaking into derisive laughter at me and hanging up
2) "proper" adults appear to be off-limits to the sharp wits of chav teenagers
3) I'm not in the "26-30" age bracket on questionnaires yet.
4) I understand my parents :eek:

Sponsored Links
Big-Head Adam (Na na Ne Na Na I'm Only 25 And You're Older So There)W said:

Gues you referreth to ninebob...

No. Dating a 16 yo would make you a c/s...

You don't have to be engaged.

Understanding your folks should be in the cons list, mate!!

When you are in your 20's, you scoff wildly at your parents when they listen to Radio 4.

In your 30's, you start listening to the World at One, kidding yourself it's just because "I want to keep abreast of the news" (You even start talking like your parents!!).

Before you know it, you are listening to You and Yours (before the news), and the things after the news, and then you end up listening to The Archers!!!

Then you start (in my case) telling off your niece for doing all the things you did 2 decades previously......

You look back at Live Aid, and remember it like it was a few years ago (your brain plays terrible tricks with you, knocking noughts off the years; ie that what you thought was 3 years ago, was in fact 30...)

Only then, when it is far to late, do you know you're old!!!

Thinking about it, I'm still totally irresponsible and young. I have passed out when drinking in the last month, I bought 100 doughnuts in one go last week, I hid someone's coathangers and I only tuck my shirt in if I'm going to an important meeting. I still believe curry is an all-purpose food, suitable at any time of the day, and there is currently a smashed bowl on my kitchen floor that I accidentally dropped on Friday afternoon.

I think all this will help with con no. 3: I'm the perfect fixer-upper project bloke for a young professional woman! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

However, the Archers does have a very catchy theme tune... "Dum-de-dum-de-dum-de-duuuuumm" ;)

AdamW said:
Right, it's official, I'm old...

Yup, turned 25 yesterday. ;) I know that's still young really, I've just found that claiming 25 is old really winds up anyone in their 30s! :LOL:

25 is old?! that leaves me 6 1/4 years....

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
However, the Archers does have a very catchy theme tune... "Dum-de-dum-de-dum-de-duuuuumm" ;)

True, mate, but you have to be a real sad ****er like me to know what that piece of music is called.....

securespark said:
AdamW said:

True, mate, but you have to be a real sad f***** like me to know what that piece of music is called.....
Is it Cr*p? :LOL:

Maybe, but Cr*p spelt Barwick Green.

It’s a "maypole dance" from the suite "My Native Heath", written in 1924

by the Yorkshire composer Arthur Wood.

Mr Sad Git, or what?

securespark said:
Maybe, but Cr*p spelt Barwick Green.

It’s a "maypole dance" from the suite "My Native Heath", written in 1924

by the Yorkshire composer Arthur Wood.

Mr Sad Git, or what?
Only if you have the tune on vinyl, cd and on a tape in the car and know all the steps to the dance ;)

securespark said:
Big-Head Adam (Na na Ne Na Na I'm Only 25 And You're Older So There)W said:

Gues you referreth to ninebob...

:D :D :D
Any excuse for a shameless plug:
ScreenHunter_015.jpg

I decide I was old when I started to watch the news. I guess the next mile stone will be songs of praise. :D

hmm, something funny here, I used to listen to radio 4 in bed when I was 8. Great for getting up to.

Sponsored Links
Back