Im trying to figure out my heating system how do I connect it to Hive/Wiser.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So basically I currently have https://t.co/aq7UzhquR9?amp=1 and https://t.co/xODNi0vPZS?amp=1

Im trying to figure out how exactly to use both of them and if its possible to connect them to Hive/Wiser so I can put the heating on easier from my Phone or Alexa.

It doesnt seem possible to turn the heating on from the boiler either which I used to be able to do before it was all replaced and It was never really explained how to use it.

Im basically looking for the easiest and cheapest way I can connect my current stuff or something I need to buy to my phone to turn heating on from there.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
So perhaps you don’t have a timeswitch, and just a thermostat (on/off style). To use either of the 2 you mention would mean the wiring inside the boiler may need changing and the relevant wiring to th new receiver/hub.

So perhaps you don’t have a timeswitch, and just a thermostat (on/off style). To use either of the 2 you mention would mean the wiring inside the boiler may need changing and the relevant wiring to th new receiver/hub.

Maybe I explained poorly but I have both of those things I linked, im just trying to figure out if its possible to either connect it to my phone somehow to turn heating on from that or if there is a wireless device I can use to turn heating on from.

I want it easier to turn my heating on basically and want it wireless thats the easiest way I can explain.

The Drayton you linked to on Amazon, is just wireless, not phone compatible. The other link is about the EcoTEC pro 2, which I’m assuming you have. If you want to control via phone, then you will need a smart device, such as nest, hive, wiser, Tado etc. If you fitted an integral timeswitch/clock the you could set a timed period 24/7.

Sponsored Links
The hive single channel will simply fit onto the SCR back plate no wiring alterations needed, you will have to join the two two wires together at the existing thermostat to complete the circuit, then simply set the boiler to constantly on, and the hive will over-ride it

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back