Images not showing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Images are showing as a "placeholder", not the actual image.

When creating the post it looks fine, also when editing.

Sponsored Links
I am not imagining this:

BAS, have you been posting images in a 'different way' recently? When you've done so in recent times, all I see is an icon but, strangely, when I click on "Quote", the full image appears in the reply box!

Kind Regards, John

I did wonder if it was something which the image hosting site I use had recently changed re hot-linking, but I get this problem with image URLs for all sorts of sites, so it surely must be something which you have changed. Please unchange it.

This is one you tried to post in the how to change a lightbulb thread, correct?...

http://www.ebassist.com/forum/images/smilies/rofl.gif

rofl.gif

If I drag it in from another tab, I can see it on my screen, but then I get the same [IMG] that you are getting. If you look at the html source, there's some weird business going on with a proxy address in the "img src" field.

Sponsored Links
81230-29f3868e46bfed6dc268bad21068f43e.jpg

The top image is if i just click on the pic in my gallery
The 2nd image is if i try to copy and paste that same image in my gallery

if I try to guote Bas, mine or erics posts i can see the pics there , as in the one where you posted the Readers Digest and erics proving unit

Today though if i copy a Image from web
shopping

Last edited:
Test post

JPG...

38912389-bahco-blk-adjustable-wrench.jpg

PNG...

2-2-spanner-png-clipart-thumb.png

GIF...

slogging_spanner.gif

edit: that should be three spanners, but I can only see the GIF.

Last edited:
Right, after some considerable twiddling and tweaking I believe the issue is fixed. It was indeed a problem with the image proxy. Images that aren't served from a secure server are re-routed via a proxy that is secure so that the browser doesn't throw a wobbly about mixed secure / non-secure content. Hopefully the issue is fixed and images should be serving correctly.

Apologies for the problems and time taken to resolve it.

Are you on a "Forum Managers' Forum?"

I've seen other forums with the picture non-display problem. You could bring it up at your next Forumeers conference.

Sponsored Links
Back