Privacy invasion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In trying to find out how the problem I have posting images appears to other people, I thought I'd use another PC, and not log on, to simulate the experience others will get.

And I found that this sort of thing happens:

ScreenHunter_371 Jul. 15 12.18.jpg

People need to register just to passively read? :mad:

How would you feel, personally, Mr DIYnot if, say, you wanted to go into a shop to look at something and they wouldn't let you through the door until you "registered" with them and gave them contact details?

How DARE you treat people like this - it's outrageous.

Sponsored Links
Does it behave the same if the image is an attachment rather than a link to e.g. imgur/postimage style hosting sites?

God forbid the owner of this site who pays the hosting and domain renewal yearly using similar advertising techniques 1000's upon 1000's of forums use to try and cover their overheads. Some forums won't even allow you to read text without registering.

The block only appears to none registered users and blocked content is only external image links or url's. Images uploaded directly to the forum are shown to none registered users.

Sponsored Links
you wanted to go into a shop to look at something and they wouldn't let you through the door until you "registered" with them and gave them contact details?

Costco do that! (although TBF they are meant to be trade only)

I don't know about it being an invasion of privacy but it is a right pain in the arse and completly uneccessary.

Back