Imm Heater Timer Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,
Had a bit of trouble today with a Imm Heater Timer.
This one to be precise,

http://www.ced-elec.co.uk/products/general/general_technical.asp?Code=IMT7E

Now i dont know whether the timer is broke, but i must have tried all possible configurations.

5 terminals, from left to right.
L-N-COM-NO-NC

link wire from L to COM

I Put the supply phase into L and the supply neutral into N, i then put the imm heater neutral into the same N terminal (2 neutrals now) and the imm heater phase cable into NO (normal open circuit)

Problem is, its always permanent live, the electronic timer seems to set ok and i hear a click when the time is reached, but as its live anyway nothin is gonna happen anyway, any pointers please?

Sponsored Links
I'd have wired it like you say, taking the C-No/Nc to be a dry relay contacts. Can you wire it just to have supply to L&N and check the relay contacts with a fluke?

spark thanks for speedy reply
was checking for a contact with voltage indicator, i then swapped no for nc, still nothin, rang technical dept, right snotty bleeder, no help at all...goin back sat, told customer she might have to get another.

Sponsored Links
I fitted the same timer and you have wired it correctly (mine works fine with the same connections you stated in your first post).

Is it possible you have set the times incorrectly? The click is either the timer switching on or off. The button on a row of its own is a manual on/off switch so try pressing that and testing again.

Another simple way of testing is to wire in a FCU with neon after the timer. Switch the FCU on and then you'll know if the timer is switching on or off by checking the status of the neon.

If it still doesn't work then you have a dodgy timer.

sorry, but some people may take you at your word and really use a LED, mind you if they did the resulting bang would prove timer working :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back