Immersion heater Dual (2 Rods) Thermostat Zip water heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I need some advice. I'm installing an immersion heater into a Zip water heater. The one that has come out has a dual thermostat (yes 2 rods) that are linked, one provides temperature control and the other provides an over temperature safety cut out. Q: Do these 2 rod type still exist. Iv never seen one before and all the immersion heaters I have used have a dual thermostat single Rod providing both functions - safety cut out for over temp and temp heating control. Do I need to be concerned is the 2 rod type old technology?

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply. This product is a twin thermostat but still contained in one Rod. The one I fished out of the water heater had 2 Rods one for over temperature protection and one for heating control. It seems you can only get the single Rod type. The issue is are the 2 Rod type any different form the dual single Rod Type?

This product is a twin thermostat but still contained in one Rod.
It has two rods, two thermostats; one for each; and a safety cut-out.

The one I fished out of the water heater had 2 Rods one for over temperature protection and one for heating control.
You seem to be misunderstanding.

It has two rods - both for heating.
One reaches farther down and heats the whole cylinder; one is shorter and just heats the top - for quicker smaller quantity of water.

It seems you can only get the single Rod type. The issue is are the 2 Rod type any different form the dual single Rod Type?
I do not understand.

Do you mean your tank has two separate rods? This is not what dual means.

Sponsored Links
This is a ZIP RCH. Anyway forget the heating element that's not the issue. The immersion heater I removed has 2 other straight rods one is a thermal cut out and one is a thermostat for controlling the water temperature, (see pic Red and Black) there are linked in series. New models seem to incorporate both thermal cut out and water temperature in one Rod is there any advantage to the Red and Black separate controls see the file attached with pics

Attachments

• Immersion Heater.pdf
    900.9 KB · Views: 286
Why are you asking us, rather than the company who make the heater and the spare part?

i cant seem to find there contact anywhere, and i thought it would be a simple answer seems you dont know cheers

i cant seem to find there contact anywhere, and i thought it would be a simple answer seems you dont know cheers
"Should technical assistance be required, or service under the guarantee, please contact the Zip Technical Services Department on Tel: 0870 608 8888 Fax: 01362 692448"

This (click here) may be of some interest.

Kind Regards, John

i cant seem to find there contact anywhere,
You haven't tried looking on the Contact Us page of their website?

and i thought it would be a simple answer seems you dont know cheers
No, I don't know.

And neither, I suspect, does anybody here.

I'm really not trying to score cheap points - it really is pointless asking such questions here rather than of the manufacturer of the item(s) in question.

This product is a twin thermostat but still contained in one Rod. The one I fished out of the water heater had 2 Rods one for over temperature protection and one for heating control. It seems you can only get the single Rod type. The issue is are the 2 Rod type any different form the dual single Rod Type?
Is it a Zip spare part, or 3rd-party?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back