Immersion heater stat testing

Home now, so have checked the stat with a multimeter. I'm getting ok readings on it. 00.8 on the stat tails.

The stat was set to 70°c. I measured the temperature coming out the bath tap, was getting 86°c on it. I've turned the stat down to 50°c and will drain the tank after a shower & washing up etc. Will turn it back on to heat at 50°c then test water temp again.

Sponsored Links
if you take the stat out and just put it in a bowl of warm water as you turn the dial you will hear it click at the temp of the water its in

Sponsored Links
Yep, will be doing it when I'm home this evening. Got a spare in the garage. Cheers.

Even on brand new thermostats the temperature setting scale is for decoration only...it's common to find they are 10 or 15 degrees out.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Well Well this is fun... pulled the stat out and water came ****ing out after it. The tube the stat sits in has obviously corroded and let in water. Going to have to change the whole thing.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back