Immersion heater with twin thermostats ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbour's immersion heater has stopped working. It appears to have 2 Sunvic thermostats - a VKL 2201 and a VKL 2251. There is power getting to the live terminal of the 2201, but the wire linking it to the 2251 seems to be dead. I presume from this that the 2201 is faulty; if so is it OK to replace it with a generic 7" thermostat from B&Q, or does it need to be another 2201 ? The immerser itself is a Howden WE501. I can't see any obvious reset buttons.

Thanks

John

Sponsored Links
Matt,

Thanks for your reply - is it yes to the first question (it's bust, get another one from B&Q) ?

John (also from Tyne & Wear originally)

yes mate its knackered and there will be cheaper places than B and Q
your new stat may also have a limit stat built into it but no harm in leaving the other one in too (the VKL 2251)

where in Tyne and Wear do you hail from John?

Matt

Sponsored Links
oy yer bleeding spark
gerroutofit ;)

ex spark I'll ave you know :D

Now world class engineer :mrgreen:

Ignore Kev, John he's originally from "the Pool" (where apes fear to tread)

Hows life treating ya across the pond Kev?

It's bloody freezing here!

Welcome back Kev were you back for the flooding the other week?
I couldn't get down the A19 to a job your way or the 690 that everyone was diverted onto :confused:

Thanks again Matt. I'm from Rowlands Gill. It's freezing here in Scotland too......

ah I'm in gateshead now too John just up from the redhaugh

Hi Matt,

When I went to take out the old thermostat, I discovered that the rod was wet - which I'm sure will explain why it has blown. Time to call in the professionals. But thanks again for your help.

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back