immersion heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have found that our immersion heater is run from a single push in fused cu at 30amp is this too much for it please

Sponsored Links
so we need a new single cu for 16amp for the immersion so that it stays on its own is that correct... there must have been a right bogger diy living here before us!

Sponsored Links
thanks for your advice it definately looks like we're have to have the wiring looked at we have two blanks on the main cu so perhaps they can wire the immersion into that at 16amp... I hate electrics!!!

Are you sure that the immersion heater is not spurred off the ring circuit at the consumer unit ?
Is it only the heater that goes off when the MCB is off ?

What size is the cable supplying the immersion ?

I assume its a 3kw rated heater (or slighly less) - my one in my megaflow is rated at 3.0kW @ 240V, and 2.8kw @ 230V, which comes to Twelve amps.

Is there a 13amp fuse-connection unit next to the immersion heater (i.e. a double pole switch, with a 13amp fuse behind a little cover)?

If not, you can install a 13amp fuse-connection unit next to the immersion (Mk part number K330-WHI), in order to fuse the supply down to the 13amps required. The MK one comes with its integral cord grip outlet.

Are you sure that the immersion heater is not spurred off the ring circuit at the consumer unit ?
Is it only the heater that goes off when the MCB is off ?

What size is the cable supplying the immersion ?
Its a big 10mm calbe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back