Immersion Heater - no voltage...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have no power to an electric immersion heater (the switched connection unit next to the heater in my bathroom).

I tested the back of the socket/unit with my multi meter on AC and with the switch on, there was no voltage.

so i am presuming the problem lies at the Consumer Unit?

Although reading various posts and info, there could be another switch somewhere (some heater have 2 apparantly) or even someone mentioned that some electricians use the immersion heater cable/fuse in the CU to supply an electric cooker?? (and saying this i did have one fitted about 6 years ago, and haven't used the heater since).

any thoughts please?

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it isn't on an economy 7 circuit? This is likely if you have or have had storage heating in the property, and the circuit will only become live when your supplier is providing you with night rate electricity.

Otherwise, chances are that the supply has been disconnected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back