Immigration and the tories

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What a hypocrite Michael Howard is, He hopes to win votes by suggesting that he will bring in measures to curb immigration (i'll believe that as much as i believe all the tory lies they have promised in the past) yet with his jewish hat on he bleated on about how his people had a rough deal with the germans during the war! Can't have it both ways Mr I'll say anything to win votes Howard!

Sponsored Links
I must admit I didn't hear the speech but have read about it.

What is it you find wrong about his comments? surely its right they should bring their thoughts into the public domain before the election. This way you are given the choice of agreeing or not, at the ballot box. Most of the people I know don't want more foriegners here, for now, they think we have enough. What's actually wrong with that?

kendor said:
(i'll believe that as much as i believe all the tory lies they have promised in the past)
hmmm, so what parties has told the truth :?: :!:

Agreed with david & julie though, all I see is my money taking off me more under this government and I see no improvement.

I think we should all begin buying up a bit of farming land, then start building that home on it ....... Why not ? The Gypsies are still at it, another site created in Somerset ... There was also a piece on an old 'illegal' camp -- still being used and a right dump !! years after the council ordered it shut !!
Our local paper also reports that policing the ridiculous drinking hours will be paid for by the council tax payer -- no more policemen, therefore they become pretty well a free service to the pubs and clubs - street cleansing -- This country is pretty nearly screwed !!
Recently heard tale of health practicioners involved in 6 monthly part time comittee work fee paid £20k ... not even attending meetings !!!

Maggie proved that overwhelming gov majorities lead to party disasters.
Labour is following the same track .. but also proving that they are the most wasteful sods in gov anywhere !! pennywise and pound foolish !!
P

Sponsored Links
the problem that the tories have is choosing their leader Howard and his side kick what a couple of sleazy slime bags they are they just remind us of the old tories look at the way they treated maggie she had more guts than any of them, they need some new blood the tory motto "look after the rich and the poor will look after themselves" yes the present government need a slap but the conservatives will put us back into the doldrums..

They'll do a 'new Labour' after the next defeat -- start moving the Letwins and such younger, serious people centre stage, enough of this 'old school' cra p, discard the 'has and never beens'.
I think the Tory mistakes were the Grey man, followed by the bald child -- It will take some recovering from their legacy !!
P

I have heard on several occasions, from different employees of the department of works and pensions, about the issuing of giros of FOUR GRAND to immigrants.
These payments are not to set up house or to replace belongings left abroad, (thats another department), the giros are to pay for a A CAR!
The reason being that using public transport with limited english can be a problem, and it was easier than paying for taxis.(?!)
I took this with a pinch of salt the first time i heard it, eventualy you begin to wonder.
More recently i was told a similar story by a man who runs a car lot and had to make a call to verify a large giro offered as payment .
I now find myself using a ever more commonly used phrase:
I do not consider myself a racist, but things like this make the blood boil.
Or at least simmer a little.
What happens about road tax and insurance? Or even driving competence?

Relocation is "the new Porsche" of status symbols, according to Peter Robinson of Homes Overseas magazine. And January is the month people look to do it.

V(room)mm, v(room)m !! preferably with a view !!

;)

hbark said:
the giros are to pay for a A CAR!
Sadly this is true because I do know a few car dealers and they said they are driving without licence & insurance. My son who juust passed his driving test and his insurance for a group 1 car cost over £3000 and the only we could do it was to put in my wife name with my son as the other driver which reduced it to £1650. So, how are they getting away with it ????? About 2 years ago my mum's friend car was written off by these people and lost half the value of her car on her insurance , no fault of her own and yet the police can't do anything.
hbark said:
The reason being that using public transport with limited english can be a problem, and it was easier than paying for taxis.(?!)
Again this is true as my mate who is a taxi driver earn a good living by taking to Tesco once a week each. £140 per journey & return.

I hope I have cheered you up. :evil:

When the Tories are in power, all you hear are lefties whining on about "come the revolution, blah blah blah". Now Labour are in power, and all I hear is lefties whining on about how the Tories are bound to lose forever and ever and ever. If they are so certain of this, what's the big deal? Why not just sit being quietly confident? By their very nature, people don't spontaneously become passionate about the status quo remaining the status quo! :rolleyes:

And seriously, Charles Kennedy (I looked it up, I knew it was Charles something or other), claiming the Tories are desperate... when was the last time we had a Lib Dem government? In fact have we ever? The old Liberal party had many terms in power, but that isn't the same thing remember! Come on, Charlie K, give it up. Maybe it is just the media, perhaps he really does have some ideas of his own? From the media all I can glean is that he sits about waiting for M Howard to say something, then gets angry and calls the Tories desperate. Nothing else. "Contrary Kennedy" he should be called!

Perhaps he has just accepted the fact he will never, ever, ever be PM, so gets his kicks by winding up whoever is the current PM's shadow. No doubt next time we have a Tory government he will contradict everything the Labour leader says :LOL:

Oh yes, the point. :D I think this new immigration idea is a good one. :p

hbark said:
The reason being that using public transport with limited english can be a problem,

Yet passing a driving test is so much easier! How does one prove they can read a numberplate at 65 feet when they are unfamiliar with the Roman alphabet?

I have driven around Bradford a few times and I was scared. There are so many people with no licence or insurance and boy can you spot them! Partially due to the dents and scrapes but mainly because of the way they drive. The best way to describe it is like when you are driving at 3am and see someone who is driving whilst ripped to the t*ts. All over the road, no consistency with their speed. Not really sure what the steering wheel does. :rolleyes:

It's just the way Howard is using the immigration debate to gain votes when not so long ago he was bleating about how his kin were treated so badly by the nazis and the way they were treated as immigrants during the war, So it's alright as long as it doesn't affect you!

'New Labour' is lefthand drive conservative, isn't it ?

I wonder, who would think the immigration idea is not a good one !!
except those, who perhaps recognise a source of exploitable, cheap labour !! ... More likely to be Mike the ?ike's ilk !!
P

pipme said:

Like it! :LOL:

Thing is, immigration in 1939 and immigration in 2005 are totally different things. Remember that these migrations were NOT economic, and if they had stayed in those countries they WOULD have died.

AdamW said:
pipme said:

Like it! :LOL:

Thing is, immigration in 1939 and immigration in 2005 are totally different things. Remember that these migrations were NOT economic, and if they had stayed in those countries they WOULD have died.
Fair comment!

Sponsored Links
Back