Is Parliament working for us?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Labour are always up for bringing down the Tories yet they are not pro active about much else.
The Tory party are just a shower of sh't that i don't believe have done a thing for any of us for years. Many of them deserve investigations about the billions that have gone missing in Covid and be jailed for it.
I have no faith in the Labour party if they were to regain power. Labour proved during Brexit they were also not fit for purpose unable to acknowledge the democratic majority and were kings of fence sitting. They would happily evict the last British soul for anyone willing to vote labour.
The Tories if lose power will in turn switch to the opposition blocking and opposing/smearing anything Labour do.

We have a massive immigration issue, we have a crumbling NHS and record inflation, and most of our money is spent fighting legal battles against the main Parties.
We need a leader who will fight for our British values and will not buckle petty political point scorers.
I have to say my respect went through the roof for 2 Jags when he decked that egg thrower, least he had the balls to do so.

What is the answer?

Any of you anti Tories at least give a fking backboned opinion.

Sponsored Links
I'm seriously considering forming a party & running for parliament myself.

I reckon me as PM, Mottie as chancellor of the exchequer & the moron Noseall as home minister would be possibly the greatest political team ever assembled . . . . .

What say you?

Labour are always up for bringing down the Tories yet they are not pro active about much else.
The Tory party are just a shower of sh't that i don't believe have done a thing for any of us for years. Many of them deserve investigations about the billions that have gone missing in Covid and be jailed for it.
I have no faith in the Labour party if they were to regain power. Labour proved during Brexit they were also not fit for purpose unable to acknowledge the democratic majority and were kings of fence sitting. They would happily evict the last British soul for anyone willing to vote labour.
The Tories if lose power will in turn switch to the opposition blocking and opposing/smearing anything Labour do.

We have a massive immigration issue, we have a crumbling NHS and record inflation, and most of our money is spent fighting legal battles against the main Parties.
We need a leader who will fight for our British values and will not buckle petty political point scorers.
I have to say my respect went through the roof for 2 Jags when he decked that egg thrower, least he had the balls to do so.

What is the answer?

One of your misconceptions, festive, is that "Tories = Brexit ", and "Labour = Remain".

As for the sneering and blocking, that's the corollary of adversarial government.

Some form of PR?

What is the answer?

That's just a disguised anti Labour rant.

If you keep voting for the same, don't expect anything different

Sponsored Links
That's just a disguised anti Labour rant.

If you keep voting for the same, don't expect anything different
Just no helping some people.

What did i say above?

"The Tory party are just a shower of sh't that i don't believe have done a thing for any of us for years. Many of them deserve investigations about the billions that have gone missing in Covid and be jailed for it."

How does that translate to anti labour? I will spell it out to you, i am ANTI ALL Parliament.

Not been here much lately perhaps you're just one of the regular trolls that reincarnates regularly on here.

I reckon me as PM, Mottie as chancellor of the exchequer & the moron Noseall as home minister would be possibly the greatest political team ever assembled . . . . .

What say you?

Highly likely you'd do better than the corrupt bunch of useless ****s we have in here.

Just slim them down.

200 MPs. 100 lords. And outsource the civil service to capita

Governments across the ages have NEVER worked for the working class. The tories have devastated this country since thatcher and labour have not done much else, in fact in my opinion, labour, since blaire, are more tory than the tories. There are absolutely no poor politicians but there are millions of poor working class who are getting poorer by the minute. The state of this country is nothing whatsoever to do with brexit. it is a direct consequence of progressive tory mismanagement. Of course we will always get the nay sayers who go abroad for their holidays putting their money into the pockets of despot countries instead of this country and then have the gall to say "they love this country" but would be more than happy to be ruled by foreign governments one or two that have actually tried to rule us by force in the past. Yeah right, "I love this country" bollo. And I'm saying nothing about who is in the driving seat in various positions of authority in the government these days.

It's been going down the pan for the past few years. We need a a complete shake up and start again from scratch.

Ritch are getting richer, poor are getting slightly better but not much and then the average man just gets screwed over, becomes poorer, and gets nothing.

Yes I'm stating the obvious, however part of the problem is politicians are geared towards not telling the truth, across all political colours. Numbers, stats etc twisted this way and that to suit whatever narrative they're pushing. Plus, regardless of who's in power, surely they all broadly face the same challenge i.e. delivering x for the country based on y pot of money, with y not deviating that much. There are only so many ways you can slice a cake or whatever the saying is.

It's just a cyclical shower of sh1te. Party A in power for x years, cracks start to appear, party B gains power. x years later, cracks start to appear, party A's back in power. x years later ...

Would proportional representation help? There again, we kind of have that up here and it's still a shower of sh1te.

What say you?

The Raving Monster Loony party, has already been formed.

They were between 1997 and 2010, when they were in power ...

Surely, you know how government works?

Immigration is a problem everywhere, and it is not so bad here as many other countries.
The NHS is crumbling due to poor government
The inflation is due to poor government
The government spend most of our money on private companies, run by people who work for the government.

Hint: the government is the problem.

What is the answer?

Time for STV and PR and take money out of politics as money in politics corrodes and undermines our trust in the people governing our country.

The current system is broken, we have rule by minority - the tories by dint of the current first past the post system have a a baked in advantage so they don't need to work as hard for their vote - they just need to keep the current system going.

On top we need economic policies that reflect todays economy - we don't have a one off benefit of north sea oil, so what is our comparative advantage - what can we sell to other countries? We have an aging population and now there is the increasing pace of change from AI.

Non of these are insurmountable problems, we handled the post war with a 'new deal'.

Sponsored Links
Back