Immigration is the cure for racism

oookk

dont be thinking for one minute that the white population in the uk have the same rights as the ethnics

the game is biased to black people

there is in the west end of newcastle a black persons drop in centre ??? wtf

imagine if someone started a white persons drop in centre ( oh imagine )

there is a black policemans association ??? where is the reverse

come on we want EQUAL rights stand up for them

do u want preferential treatment for an nhs operation then you would have to be an ethnic and play the race card = faster processing ( it has been proved )

not a happy bunny about the way the police stopped you in your car then best to be black and play the race card

all proven to be true the black community in the uk are playing there jokers on us as if it was a game of poker we are in

wheres my high horse ( probably been knicked by gippos )

am i pc F*** no

Sponsored Links
I guess what I'm trying to say is that there MAY in fact be some factual underlying basis to racism. To claim there isn't is to say that entire sectors of the populations of some countries are completely irrational. While they seem to be in the majority on TV shows, I rarely come across a truly irrational person in real life.

So, what I believe is that people who are prejudice have become that way through personal experience with the group they are prejudiced against.

Where the problem comes in is that these people will then believe that ALL people of that group are the same as they've had personal experience with. And that means they "pre-judge" everyone in that group, hence the word "prejudice".

And I think that a key point that may be being overlooked is that one of the principle ways that an organism ensures it's survival in nature is by developing the ability to learn from it's experiences. Bears that have personal experience with hunters will avoid any contact with all humans. That is, Mother Nature made personal experience a very powerful learning mechanism in our brains so that we remember our bad experiences and/or dangerous encounters and stay away from them in future.

So, in all honesty, I think what we have are people who have had bad experiences with certain groups of people saying that they don't like those people. And, those that haven't had those same experiences saying "you're prejudice because you're assuming they're all like that".

And, in that case, there is some rational on both sides of the issue.

In my humble opinion, trying to convince someone who has become prejudice through personal experience that his thinking is wrong would be the equivalent of trying to convince a bear that all people are not hunters. You're fighting an uphill battle against Mother Nature and millions of years of evolution.

Nestor_Kelebay said:
Where the problem comes in is that these people will then believe that ALL people of that group are the same as they've had personal experience with. And that means they "pre-judge" everyone in that group, hence the word "prejudice".
This is the first thing you've written, that I've read, that I agree with.

Nestor_Kelebay said:
And I think that a key point that may be being overlooked is that one of the principle ways that an organism ensures it's survival in nature is by developing the ability to learn from it's experiences. Bears that have personal experience with hunters will avoid any contact with all humans. That is, Mother Nature made personal experience a very powerful learning mechanism in our brains so that we remember our bad experiences and/or dangerous encounters and stay away from them in future.
Which is why I, amongst others, believe that those organism capable of self-awareness and reason have a duty to think past Mother Nature when developing a society and defining the bounds of acceptable behaviour.

Nestor_Kelebay said:
Bears that have personal experience with hunters will avoid any contact with all humans. That is, Mother Nature made personal experience a very powerful learning mechanism in our brains so that we remember our bad experiences and/or dangerous encounters and stay away from them in future.

So, in all honesty, I think what we have are people who have had bad experiences with certain groups of people saying that they don't like those people. And, those that haven't had those same experiences saying "you're prejudice because you're assuming they're all like that".
Jesus H. Christ! Bears now?! It scares me to think what drivel you'd write if you were being dishonest.

Well, that's your belief, and you've chosen to express it without asking either group of people. Consequently, you've illustrated that have your own prejudice in holding that view.

I can't speak as a racist, because I'm not one, but I don't prejudge those who are, and I'd prefer you not to put words in my mouth (as per those words of yours in quote marks). I simply observe that there's a definition of the word racist, and point out to those who express racist views what they are and what they're doing.

Nestor_Kelebay said:
In my humble opinion, trying to convince someone who has become prejudice through personal experience that his thinking is wrong would be the equivalent of trying to convince a bear that all people are not hunters. You're fighting an uphill battle against Mother Nature and millions of years of evolution.
And why, pray, do you feel it necessary to come on this forum and tell the people who are fighting that battle that you think it's pointless. If you get some indignant reactions to that ludicrous piece of behaviour, then don't be surprised.

As someone who has spent a few months looking in on this forum and these discussions, can I offer Nestor these words, DON'T reply, you will end up going around in pointless circles.

Sponsored Links
That's funny Tibby. You've only made 3 posts and one of them is a double post.

joe

I think I should take Tibby's advice and quietly bow out of this discussion before becoming even further embroiled in it.

Nestor, you need to straighten the sign post out front of apartment block. ;)

Sensible decision, get out before you end up as daft as some on here.

Richardp said:
tibby said:
Sensible decision, get out before you end up as daft as some on here.
Hey! thats fighting talk :LOL:
Nope - it's retreating talk. Apparantly Nestor and tibby see this topic as some kind of battle, whereas their opinions are very welcome, no matter how bizarre they might be.

Nestor_Kelebay said:
I guess what I'm trying to say is that there MAY in fact be some factual underlying basis to racism. To claim there isn't is to say that entire sectors of the populations of some countries are completely irrational. .
You're right, it would proably be easier to say that it's you that's irrational, then we wouldn't have to conside either of those daft statements.

empip said:
Nestor, you need to straighten the sign post out front of apartment block. ;)

Nope, I like it crooked. That way I can tell who's actually been to my web site. ;) Only people who've been to my web site know that my stop sign sucks.

Hermes:
I'm not irrational or daft. I just have a compulsion to answer questions I don't understand.

Sponsored Links
Back