Immigration leads to 50 per cent cuts in council spending

I know nothing

It shows.

Immigrants work and pay taxes, lots of facts, figures and studies show this. It is exactly why left parties loudly argue this, because it is true.

There may be a lot of good reasons to stop mass immigration, or immigration from certain areas or cultures, them costing the taxpayer is not one of those reasons though.

It's not just the left that argue for this. Business does too. CBI etc

Re: "Business", and "CBI" arguing for this - well, they would, wouldn't they? It's common sense, after all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24983178

Yes - I know this is "big business" - but the same holds for many "bosses".

They are in business to make money. They make money by maximising revenue, while minimising cost. Why pay you £15 per hour, when they can get someone to do it for £8 p/h?
No wonder "Business" and the CBI are for immigration.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I know nothing

It shows.

Immigrants work and pay taxes, lots of facts, figures and studies show this. It is exactly why left parties loudly argue this, because it is true.

There may be a lot of good reasons to stop mass immigration, or immigration from certain areas or cultures, them costing the taxpayer is not one of those reasons though.

In some ways I think it might be quite a laugh if Labour form the next government. Another four or five years down the line, with continued EU membership and the encouragement of immigration from both within and without the EU will be very interesting!

I hope you people have good memories.

I know nothing

It shows.

In some ways I think it might be quite a laugh if Labour form the next government. Another four or five years down the line, with continued EU membership and the encouragement of immigration from both within and without the EU will be very interesting!

I hope you people have good memories.

JBR- I'm just making the point that it's not simply a left- right issue.
It's more complex than that .

And as in the post above, the case against immigration is not an economic one, regardless of whether one is pro- or anti-EU.

And as in the post above, the case against immigration is not an economic one, regardless of whether one is pro- or anti-EU.

Whether the case against immigration is, or is not, one of economics, depends on each individual's personal circumstances.

The boss who want to cut overheads by employing cheaper labour from anywhere they can, might be pro-immigration.
The displaced indigenous worker who is now unemployed might be anti-.

(Reply to Noseall, on indigenous scroungers).

On which we agree.

However, the ingress of cheap labour is reaching the level at which the "average" worker is becoming unemployable. You ought to cross your fingers that it doesn't swallow you up, too.

THAT is the fear that is presenting itself to many, many honest workers across this land.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
No disrespect here handyjack, But don't you think we already have access to the news and muslim bashing pages already? If we wanted to read the news, we would go to a news site, not a DIY forum. This goes for everybody else who repeatedly posts link to news stories without even commenting on them.

You're as bad as the Grimsby/Northants/XXXXX Telegraph !!

Rant over..

What is it you would like to discuss in this general discussion part of the forum?

I know handy goes a bit ott but immigration, home grown terrorism are topical subjects, which will only get more relevant in future.

Whether the case against immigration is, or is not, one of economics, depends on each individual's personal circumstances.

The boss who want to cut overheads by employing cheaper labour from anywhere they can, might be pro-immigration.
The displaced indigenous worker who is now unemployed might be anti-.

You make a very good point.

Thinking only of myself and my first wife for a moment, I have only one real concern for the future (especially considering my advancing years) and that is healthcare and medical treatment.

The last time we attended Casualty (a year ago when my wife broke her ankle) we sat waiting for over four hours - and apparently that was at a 'quiet time'. At the time, I remember seeing three or four ambulances parked outside that hadn't moved in the time we were in attendance, and I'm sure this is quite commonplace these days.

As I understand it, the NHS is struggling to provide the service it was intended to. Admittedly, the increasing age of our population is a factor, but can anyone deny that the enormous influx of immigrants is exacerbating the situation?

Still, not to worry. With all the undoubted economic benefits to the country that our immigrants bring with them, we should be able to build many new hospitals and there will be no problem staffing them either - with immigrants, of course.

Muslim immigrants with more than one wife will see an increase in their social welfare benefits beginning in 2013, when reforms to the British welfare system come into effect.

Although polygamy is illegal in Britain, the state effectively recognizes the practice for Muslim men, who often have up to four wives (and in some instances five or more) in a harem.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3234/muslim-polygamists-welfare-benefits

Muslim immigrants with more than one wife will see an increase in their social welfare benefits beginning in 2013, when reforms to the British welfare system come into effect.

Although polygamy is illegal in Britain, the state effectively recognizes the practice for Muslim men, who often have up to four wives (and in some instances five or more) in a harem.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3234/muslim-polygamists-welfare-benefits[/QUOTE]

I don't know why they don't just go the whole hog and make Britain a muslim country.

As I understand it, the NHS is struggling to provide the service it was intended to. Admittedly, the increasing age of our population is a factor, but can anyone deny that the enormous influx of immigrants is exacerbating the situation?

Yes, of course. Did you not observe anything about the doctors, nurses, assistants, cleaners, security and canteen staff? Where do you think they were mostly born? Most of them, not in the UK, certainly.

As your senility and incontinence worsen, you will be depending on care assistants to spoon food into your mouth and wipe your arse. They won't be British-born, they will overwhelmingly be immigrants and people temporarily in the UK to work.

Luckily for you, they will probably continue to do their jobs despite your hostility. Norcon might not be so lucky as they may walk away to register a complaint if he racially abuses them.

Still, not to worry. With all the undoubted economic benefits to the country that our immigrants bring with them, we should be able to build many new hospitals and there will be no problem staffing them either - with immigrants, of course.

Trouble is, the powers that be aren't prioritising house building, so I'm not sure where our own plus the millions from abroad are going to live. We probably built more houses in the 50s and 60s than we do now, when demand was much lower.

Sponsored Links
Back