Impact drill recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Iv been looking into 2 drills within my budget for a stud wall project and the odd diy jobs

The two I'm looking at are:

The erbauer impact driver with 2 li on batteries

And a ryobi +1 impact driver with just the one li on batteries

These are the 2 choices I have within my budget, would like opinions on the both please

Sponsored Links
impacts are for big screws big bolts
hammer drill are for screwing drilling and masonary with "hammer action"
i would advocate ryobi over eurbur as you have 30 tools to fit the same batteries plus a ready service set up

Cheers for a reply,

I already have a Mikita 14v combi drill, even fully charged I don't think it would cope with a stud wall project , I don't have time go down the hammer and nails route as I need it up and boarded within the day

I can't seem to find many reviews on either drills

i will vouch for the ryobi
i have the blue one and its done 2decking projects

Sponsored Links
what about buying a bare makita impact driver that will use your existing batteries?

Personally I wouldnt touch ryobi and have no experience of erbauer. Ryobi stuff, to me, is DIY gear and not up to much.

i used to use ryobi and they wernt bad until the batteries gave up, then they were useless. were on L-ion dewalts now, theyre really good drills but out of the three chargers we have only one that still works

i used to use ryobi and they wernt bad until the batteries gave up, then they were useless. were on L-ion dewalts now, theyre really good drills but out of the three chargers we have only one that still works
batteries will last between 2 and 10 years gradually loosing capacity dependent on quality' use and how you cycle them
old chargers will not charge newer battery types developed after them
but the newer charger will charge older chemistry batteries off the same design

all of the ryobi's were bought at the same time, they were good while they lasted and we definately got our moneys worth out of them, they just died a death all of a sudden and we got sick of charging so often. the new dewalts were also bought at the same time and all of the batteries are the same age but its hard with one charger. which reminds me, i must get ont th'ebay

batteries and chargers can be heat/cold sensitive so worth trying all the old chargers in case they where too hot or cold sensitive as they may work at room temperature

ok thanks might try that because at the mo they are in a cold workshop

Sponsored Links
Back