Impact driver or impact drill/driver?

I might be wrong, but think my impact driver will be the least used of the three for screw driving..

Well, sorry to resurect an old post, but I have to say how wrong I was...It's now one of my most used tools. A decent hammer drill will put a big screw in, but the effort it takes to keep the bit in the screw and to stop the drill trying to break your wrist is huge compared to using and impact driver

I;ve used it OS much for scewing it's unreal...I only use a drill when the impact is going to be too noisy, but I notice the difference now!

My 2 yr old loves to 'help daddy' and i some times give him 5 or 6 4" screws to put into a piece of scrap...I hold the impact driver in the screw head (quite lightly) and he holds and presses the trigger...he loves it. He has also (just) managed to put in 1.5" number 8 by himself (i started it obviously)...so a tool so effortless in use even a 2yr old can use it;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back