Impossible problem with neighbors planning

I’m assuming you’ve gone quiet because you just can’t think of a way to justify your sad existence. That could take some time so I will finish with this.

I can always get a new house but you two will clearly never get a life. You are passed it. Washed up. But you will always have each other and that’s sweet. Together, and on some forum that knowbody has heard of you are living the life of dreams. Unfunny and outdated dreams. Good for you!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes Bob's rather let the side down there on the sarcasm front. In other news I thought you were finished with this?

This is a weird thread (n)

I heard that some LA's consider a minimum of 2 trades on site as being acceptable criteria for work having been started.

This is a weird thread (n)

I heard that some LA's consider a minimum of 2 trades on site as being acceptable criteria for work having been started.

Thankyou for the response, I didn’t think I’d get a serious answer anymore after these Herbert’s.

I didn’t know that, thanks!
I can literally see that work hasn’t started. Planning said it’s a serious offence to have lied but won’t actually do anything to check up on it, they just took their word as cricket and shodded me off. And bearing in mind this is 4 years after they supposedly started building, I can’t believe that they haven’t checked up on it at all and don’t seem bothered even after telling them. Pretty pointless system it seems.

You need to be realistic over this. Yup, the neighbours playing the system, and planning is being lazy, as they can't be bothered to check the validity of your complaint. So, do you have any way of proving nothings been done yet, and send it in to the head honcho, or is this completely unprovable, and you've just got to put up with it.

But at the end of the day, is this really a serious problem worth getting so het up over.

It was an architect that told me the 2 trades rule.

Planning said it’s a serious offence to have lied but won’t actually do anything to check up on it

Yes, thats a local authority conundrum.

I did a planning application once, remove conservatory, build orangery same basic footprint but with a break front of 225mm.

Planners: 'its green belt, you cant go bigger'.
Me ' what not even 225mm x 3000mm'?
Planners: 'no'
Me: 'do you goout and measure existing before demolition'
Planners: 'no, we rely on the information we are given'
Me: 'I think Ive made a mistake measuring existing, I think its actually 225mm bigger'
Planners: 'we look forward to receiving your drawings, please be aware the proposed cannot be bigger than existing'.
Me 'be assured it wont be'

You need to be realistic over this. Yup, the neighbours playing the system, and planning is being lazy, as they can't be bothered to check the validity of your complaint. So, do you have any way of proving nothings been done yet, and send it in to the head honcho, or is this completely unprovable, and you've just got to put up with it.

But at the end of the day, is this really a serious problem worth getting so het up over.

I could take pictures and all that I guess but In reality I just don’t think they care. And do I care that much? I dunno.

I mean he’s apparently been building this holiday let now for 4 years, he could have built anything, and I mean anything! Like I say the materials haven’t even been agreed and neither have the boundaries. What kind of start can you even make before you agree what bricks to use?

All logic aside it’s probably healthiest to just forget it I guess and see what happens. And that is what I will do.

Like I say the materials haven’t even been agreed and neither have the boundaries.

Well, he could have just built the foundations, so the materials decision would be the next step, but you must care a little, or you wouldn't be here "ranting". And sometimes, you've gotta stuff the LA for their ineptitude. Dowload the google earth pictures, take a couple of photos, and send them the the head honcho in the planning department, and ask why his staff aren't doing their job properly. You'll feel better after that - even if nothing gets done; and you're neighbours fecked up, so he can start the process again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back