Impressed

You mean not fully type tested, how many RCDs are there? Are you on a TT system? When was the work completed?
I can't imagine it being that easy to fit other manufacturers RCDs into a consumer unit, the internals are usually made to fit their own and wired up to suit.

Sponsored Links
You mean not fully type tested, how many RCDs are there? Are you on a TT system? When was the work completed?
I can't imagine it being that easy to fit other manufacturers RCDs into a consumer unit, the internals are usually made to fit their own and wired up to suit.

CU fitted in 2008. I'm not a spark so have no idea what a TT system is. :confused:

As it was done after July 2008 it should be to the 17th edn regs. If it was before then it could be 16th or 17th edn.
What does the Electrical Installation Certificate say? The supply type should be on there too.
I take it the work was notified to your LABC too.

As for multiples of RCDs in the board, if you buy a dual RCD board then the RCCBs are already in it and already wired up. It isn't worth the hastle of buying a different board and trying to fit your own RCDs.

Sponsored Links
Ha ha Rob, she spotted it and decided that was the new read, will post a pick as soon as.

She calls it "daddies important book" so i assume she thinks she should look at it as well.

Can't wait until she starts quoting from it in a few years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back