improving water performance

Sponsored Links
I have been doing some research into accumulators and there seems to be mixed feelings on these? would one work for me in my circumstance? I could site a 500l one in the garage? or would a break tank and pump be better solution?

Sponsored Links
no, Scottish water covered the cost on their lead replacement scheme. I don't think much work was required in the end as the communication pipe turned out to be mdpe already, so just a new stop cock and connection of my supply pipe

anyone able to comment on the suitability of an accumulator with my pressure and flow? like I say I could site a 500l unit in the garage with the mains directly in then the output to the whole house?

or would a break tank and pump be better and pipe to avoid the kitchen tap?

As you have 3 bar static pressure, an accumulator should be suitable. Only where your static pressure is very low is the extra expense of a pump required.

I'm not a plumber or expert btw - this is just what I picked up from reading around when considering an accumulator myself. Also keep in mind that an accumulator can only be filled to roughly half of it's capacity (there's a formula available if you do a search - i posted it a few months ago). This means a 500L accumulator will only contain around 250L (usually less) water, and the rest will be air.

I'd he over the moon with 14lpm and 3 bar static from our supply.

Had to fit a Homeboost to get 12lpm!.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back