New water Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Found out recently that I have a lead supply and communication pipe.

I've arranged to fix my side and affinity water have agreed replace there piece with 25mm MDPE.

What kind of improvement will i see? Also is that a lead pipe?? if so what is the internal diametre of that lead? (i believe the MDPE has 20.7mm)

Current Measurements:

Standing/Static = 2.65 Bar
Working/Dynamic = 1.9 Bar
litres per mins which seems low = 10.88l (filled 3.408 litres in 18.78 seconds)

Running a unvent system. Thanks all for your help.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 117
Sponsored Links
Are Affinity your local Utility? Some utilities will replace (for free) a lead communication pipe with a plastic communication pipe (eg. MDPE) up to the meter/stop tap at the property boundary.
You run an approved plastic supply pipe from the meter/stop tap back to the property. They make the connection at the boundary.
Your white plastic supply pipe on the lead-loc photo is PVC.
32mm MDPE roughly equals a 25mm ID but it all depends on what ID you connect to. Query the utility what size ID you will be connected to?

Are Affinity your local Utility? Some utilities will replace (for free) a lead communication pipe with a plastic communication pipe (eg. MDPE) up to the meter/stop tap at the property boundary.
You run an approved plastic supply pipe from the meter/stop tap back to the property. They make the connection at the boundary.
Your white plastic supply pipe on the lead-loc photo is PVC.
32mm MDPE roughly equals a 25mm ID but it all depends on what ID you connect to. Query the utility what size ID you will be connected to?

hi they are giving me 25mm, if i want 32 i have to pay over 2K and get a water meter installed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back