In a dilema with air bag light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 1999 Bmw 316 compact. The air bag light is on and the garage can't reset it. They say it is one of the sensors under the seat they have tested them and they say the sensors are fine . Any ideas or suggestions ? They are having to bring in an electrician which is going to cost me even more money. The garage suggested it might be an option to buy a new car seat ???? I don't think so !

Sponsored Links
The occupancy sensors in the seat are a common issue, there are plenty of articles online about how to by pass them. You can do it yourself or buy a black box of tricks that someone has already made and plugs straight in.
Safety wise its always better to keep them but its up to you.

An option I have heard of is as follows. Whether or not it's worth the effort is your choice. Also the "legality" is questionable.

Take out the instrument cluster. Remove the lampholder for the airbag light. Insulate the connections on the printed circuit board going to the lamp.

Solder wires from the airbag lamp to the ignition/charging warning light (or the oil pressure warning light), test it and then put itall back together again. This will light up the lamp on switch-on and put it out once the engine starts. Will look OK to the MOT tester so you get a pass.

Sponsored Links
Back