airbag light flashing on dash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had to remove the front passenger seat in my Nissan Almera in order to get some long boards in.To remove the seat entailed disconnecting the wiring
by separating the plugs under the seat for the air bag and the seat belt sensors. When I started the car the airbag light started flashing on the dash. OK I thought that's because I had disconnected the plugs but having replaced the seat and reconnected the plugs the light is still flashing. Do I have to reset it somewhere, if so where and how? or is there something else that needs to be done? Can anyone shed any light on this please

Sponsored Links
I think you'll need to reset the ECU fault codes using the necessary equipment or take it to a garage & ask them to do it.

Because the ABs are safety features, once a fault is detected, the light will flash even if the original fault has gone, unit the fault code is cleared.

you might be able to reset it by disconecting the battery?MAKE sure you have your radio code,or as already suggested.

Sponsored Links
I tried disconnecting the battery as suggested but to no avail. Booked in at Nissan garage as the fault can only be cleared on the CPU by putting it on the computer at the garage.
Thanks for the advise.

Back