IN CASE IT GOT MISSED HERE IT IS AGAIN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just in case it got missed here it is again, Can I make it clear that I couldn't care less about people doing their own work in their own home, this country has far too many mamby pamby laws allready, I do object to cowboys doing work in other peoples houses and doing it cheap because they are working illegally and dont have the expense us legit guys have to pay, so let me make it clear to all diyers, if you kill or maim you and your family I couldn't give a t***, but if you injure me or mine in the process lets hope you die in the explosion because I will break your friggin neck.

Sponsored Links
You are some sort of pr**k people ask question for infomation and to see if they can save themselves money the vast majority of people who ask if they can fit a boiler are only asking because they feel confident to do so and what is the danger in the water side F-ALL.

Yes untrained people who install gas should be prosecuted could not agree more and thanks to Kev for explaining that it is the gov who says it is the water side as well that is also against the law

Get of your bl**dy high horse

The sort of p**** who works very hard to do everything to the book and legally and gets ****ed off with ******s who either cant be arsed or dont care and them some other tosser moaning about the price of work, that sort of p****, OK

Sponsored Links
Well that all seems a nice way to end the week.
All smiles on monday. :LOL:

muckylugs said:
You are some sort of pr**k people ask question for infomation and to see if they can save themselves money the vast majority of people who ask if they can fit a boiler are only asking because they feel confident to do so and what is the danger in the water side F-ALL.

Yes untrained people who install gas should be prosecuted could not agree more and thanks to Kev for explaining that it is the gov who says it is the water side as well that is also against the law

It seems to me the whole corgi thing fails to address the safety issue correctly. For instance with cars the whole vehicle is subject to a safety check each year, in the shape of the MOT.

Just because an installation was done by a competent person, doesn't mean it will remain that way. Leaks can develop in pipework, as can faults in appliances and the components therein.

So why not insist that gas and maybe even electrical installations have the same, at regular intervals? That way cowboy tradesmen would soon get shown up, and the competent DIYer's could make savings should they so desire.

Good tradesmen would surely welcome the idea as (like on the MOT) the remedial work following the inspections could be a handy "bread and butter" type earner.

I'm sure the above idea is far too common sense for those who make the laws in this 'ere country tho!

edited to correct quote

It is recommended by the manufactureres that all gas appliances are serviced annually.
Unlike the MOT this is voluntary for home owners.

Do you think that everybody would voluntarily take their car for MOT?

music-smiley-021.gif

Well PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN the main reason I use this forum is to learn ( not do ) more about the products & services before splashing out my hard earned on the qualified to do the actual work. I am at present looking at having a new gas boiler and tank etc installed. As you seem a very very nice man I was wondering if you could at all... well maybe not!!

Pedant....man has a point - don't f**k with gas , as for many of the other plumbing probs - well, most level headed common sense bods can do it. But the forum is as much to get an idea of where householders should be looking as opposed to actually Doing.It.[Y]Themselves.

Pedant... take a happy pill or don't sign-in. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back