IN COURT?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
slowdown, your funny! you would have no chance whatsoever getting me to court for pips or bleeps you fool. the noise level is very low, its only an indication of an alarm set. all vehicles are set with remote locking yeh? they prob make more noise. oh and while on the subject, if i live near you do i push my car 100yds down the road before starting it in the morning? ah,ah what a plank. i have previously had a response alarm that gave audible signals and never had a single complaint yet. also the law states that i get a give amount of time before any alarm becomes a nuisance and it has to be above a certain noise level. the system is not loud and signal is 1 - 2 seconds long so give up. instead of the streets security being breached why don't you sleep with ear plugs? you obviously have very sensitive hearing. oh and the other point made about the system not being graded/certified by insurance companies is simply because the system is a diy one. (after all the reason why we post in hear, or am i wrong?) for what i have in my house i was quoted £900 by one company and £750 by another. i paid £175 you do the maths? and no! a security installed one will not do more than the one i have. in fact the yale premium will even call you to alert you of an alarm. if your going to pay to have one monitored by a security firm then yes, i agree you will need to have one fitted professionally (and pay monthly fee's may i add) other than that you will by far get a better deal and be protected the same by fitting a good diy one yourself. as i am sure your aware a system fitted by a pro but not monitored could cost you alot of money and still the law states that if the alarm sounds then the police are told not to respond. they will only respond if someone calls them and actually reports an burglary in progress., if its just the case of the alarm going off then they simply ignore it.

anyway thank you fastalarms, your a real help on here. they all try to slate but just ignore the security installers (thats what most prob are) you doing a great job by helping people on here, keep it up.

most of all you... fools who looked at my post as a chance to moan and groan and criticize fastalarms, look again??? i asked for fastalarms help not anyone elses so do yourselfs a favour......

Sponsored Links
and still the law states that if the alarm sounds then the police are told not to respond. they will only respond if someone calls them and actually reports an burglary in progress., if its just the case of the alarm going off then they simply ignore it.
If you're trying to be clever in this post I suggest you find out exactly how Police response to alarm activations through ARCs actually works.

I'm not going to give you chapter & verse here, I've more important things to do, but take it from me, you don't know.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

and still the law states that if the alarm sounds then the police are told not to respond. they will only respond if someone calls them and actually reports an burglary in progress., if its just the case of the alarm going off then they simply ignore it.
If you're trying to be clever in this post I suggest you find out exactly how Police response to alarm activations through ARCs actually works.

I'm not going to give you chapter & verse here, I've more important things to do, but take it from me, you don't know.

He is on the right lines.

Grade 1 or grade 2 non monitored siren only will only get police response if alarm activation is followed up with a confirmed response from an eyewitness. if there's any officers available.
Granted the police are not TOLD not to respond they just wouldn't without a further confirmation unless it was a really quiet night.

Stop quoting about things you know nothing about. You are simply scare mongering. Of course, that suits your business model just nicely.

Sponsored Links
Stop quoting about things you know nothing about. You are simply scare mongering. Of course, that suits your business model just nicely.

It is getting so tedious having to put you in your place time and time again really just stop posting crap for no reason in response to any of my posts.
Would you prefer I lied and said anyone with a non monitored alarm will have the sweeney arriving within two seconds of an alarm going off?

Type B - Audible Only and Hybrid Alarms, including bells-only and automatic dialling alarms, as well as alarms from non-compliant companies and non-compliant central stations. URNs will not be issued for these systems. To obtain police attendance, in addition to their activation Type B alarms will also require some indication that an offence is in progress, e.g. from a witness.

What is this hang up time and time again regarding Police response.
You have an alarm
If it goes off it will notify your neighbours
If you have good neighbours they will have a look
Its activation will encourage the burglars to leave.
You should NEVER assume police attendance even with a class A system.

Lets look at the FACTS

33% of alarms are ignored.. Source zurich insurance.

This is used by companies to sell monitoring , but hey hang on . . if 33% are ignored then 67% are NOT ignored.

Thats right 67% of alarms- bells only are responded to by neighbours if only to see where the noise is coming from.

The only people scaremongering are ones who rubbish type B alarms and sell type A monitored on the basis of Police response.

FACT It is illegal to advertise the police will attend your monitored alarm system.

Advertising standards will take action against anyone who does.
Many alarm companies are advertising illegaly time and time again...

because it suits their business model.

You don't like Yale.
Thats patently obvious as you call it tat/

The gentleman here has said why he went Yale because he saved between £325 and £575
(I could tell tales of systems I have put in for £380 that approved installers using graded equipment have quored £1500 or more)
Because unlike you he trusts the name YALE
This is a diy forum and he went the diy route

If you want to rubbish yale then

START A THREAD OF YOUR OWN entitle it something like Dont buy yale it is tat.
Of course you would have to make sure you were fully legally protected as you would be setting yourself up for libel and damages.

If you would identify yourself I would happily report you to yales lawyers myself. Of course when I asked you for your identity before you didn't respond.

Troll - keyboard warrior - saddo

To clarify.
A monitored system with a urn and registered arc
The alarm fitted must be up to relevant standards
It must give sequential signalling.
If a signal is noted from two different devices . . ie a door contact followed by a room pir then the alarm qualifies for police response.
The police will respond
1. If they have resources available
2. If they decide it is operationally worthwhile.

The police will not respond even of available if they won't arrive for half an hour because experience will tell then that when they arrive the thieves will have allready fled.
To this end Keyholders must also attend who will be able to verify wether anyone is still onsite and will also be able to deactivate the alarm when the police arrive.
If the keyholders notify the arc that there is noone left on scene the police will classify the job as non urgent and you may get an officer attending instead over the next couple of days to take details.

I installed an alarm for a client.
The clients home was broken into
The alarm went off
The neighbours investigated (In this case because the boy next door was disturbed from doing his homework)
The father looked and saw men in the alarmed homes back garden.
He phoned the police
and went out to question them
The police arrived and took the men away for questioning.

That is a Yale non approved , non monitored diy 'tat' alarm in action.

What's the ronseal tagline

Does what it says on the tin?

Oh and it also called the owners who had gone out for the evening who came back to resecure their home.

In the attempted burglary the theives had tried to silence the yale alarm by stamping on the control panel.

They succeeded in only cracking the lcd screen

The homeowners insurance paid out for a new control panel

It is getting so tedious having to put you in your place time and time again really just stop posting crap

your quite right - GRADE TWO alarms can get police response, nothing better than a one handed poster getting his own spittle wrong - priceless

To clarify.
A monitored system with a urn and registered arc
The alarm fitted must be up to relevant standards
It must give sequential signalling.
If a signal is noted from two different devices . . ie a door contact followed by a room pir then the alarm qualifies for police response.

The police will respond
1. If they have resources available
2. If they decide it is operationally worthwhile.

The police will not respond even of available if they won't arrive for half an hour because experience will tell then that when they arrive the thieves will have allready fled.
To this end Keyholders must also attend who will be able to verify wether anyone is still onsite and will also be able to deactivate the alarm when the police arrive.
If the keyholders notify the arc that there is noone left on scene the police will classify the job as non urgent and you may get an officer attending instead over the next couple of days to take details.

I installed an alarm for a client.
The clients home was broken into
The alarm went off
The neighbours investigated (In this case because the boy next door was disturbed from doing his homework)
The father looked and saw men in the alarmed homes back garden.
He phoned the police
and went out to question them
The police arrived and took the men away for questioning.

That is a Yale non approved , non monitored diy 'tat' alarm in action.

What's the ronseal tagline

Does what it says on the tin?

Oh and it also called the owners who had gone out for the evening who came back to resecure their home.

In the attempted burglary the theives had tried to silence the yale alarm by stamping on the control panel.

They succeeded in only cracking the lcd screen

The homeowners insurance paid out for a new control panel

errors highlighted in red please stop, you KNOW nothing about DD243

Care to tell everyone why you posted the following comments in the public domain then Mr Yale?

"YES I want to get engineers to fit the GRADE 2 stuff..Powermax , Scantronic etc etc NOT the yale stuff!!!!
I want grade 2 stuff (not YALE) fitted by qualified and experiences fitters"

"No I can get GRADE 2 equipment and have them fitted properly and then tell my customers that they aren't c##p diy systems.
i can then sell on the service contract to someone NACOSS approved who will inspect and pass it and the insurance company will be happy"

"I want to advertise some Grade 2 installs on my website so I will be looking for a local experienced installer to do some moonlighting for me.
I just need to source the goods at the right price.
When I have had enough installs done that I can get them inspected then I will be on my way towards beginning to conform."

Says it all.

quell surprise quoting me out of context. You wont find a single place where i describe yale as crap . Why dont you put up the thread where i have to argue for umpteen pages how good yale actually are.

you need to get a life

You wont find a single place where i describe yale as crap . Why dont you put up the thread where i have to argue for umpteen pages how good yale actually are.

Your words, not mine.
And yes, public domain.

quell surprise quoting me out of context. You wont find a single place where i describe yale as crap . Why dont you put up the thread where i have to argue for umpteen pages how good yale actually are.

you need to get a life

quell suprise? you sound like Delboy - say no more.

[errors highlighted in red please stop, you KNOW nothing about DD243

Erm, nor do I, but I am a keyholder, who has witnessed the ARC calling the police after two detector activations, in this incident it was a ram raid. But the police took 10 mins to arrive, by which time the culps were long gone. The cigarette gantrys in all our shops have numerous sensors of different types. This is to give the alarm the best chance of signalling a confirmed break in (on most valuable stock) and getting the police there asap. Also seen where it was not possible to fit a contact to a fire exit, and they fitted two PIRs, one 360 and one corner. Intention as above.

Surely designing a system like that is illegal?

The idea of sequential signalling is to identify movement through a premises or to rule out a sensor fault or false activation.

Simply using two sensors or more for the same location seems unethical to me.

For example two pir sensors in one room both pick up the bright headlights of a car turning outside

a door with two shock sensors activates a confirmed response even though it is simply someone knocking on or trying the door to see if someone home.

Wouldn't the practice of doubling up sensors simply lead to the Police being called to more false alarms?
This would leave the company open to losing its urn and leaving all its clients without Police response.

Simply using two sensors or more for the same location seems unethical to me.
For example two pir sensors in one room both pick up the bright headlights of a car turning outside
As has been said to you MANY times, you just don't know, do you?

Two detectors in the same room are perfectly OK, they just have to be of different technologies.

Just so you know what that means, for example, Pir in one corner, and a DualTec in the opposite.

[ DualTec - PIR & Microwave in the one unit, what will trip one technology will not trip the other ]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back